• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Steering Wheel Diameter

alpine_64

Donation Time
What is the diameter of a stock Alpine steerin wheel? Thanks
Which series Alpine, the series I had a larger wheel that was reduced for series II ( and raised column height too).. Cant recall if the series II wheel set the size for the following series . but all Series 3-V and Tiger use the same wheel

todd reid

Gold Level Sponsor
What is the proper measurement - outside to outside, or centerline of rim to centerline? I am at work, but off the top of my head I think the aftermarket wheel I installed was 14".

johnd

Donation Time
Which series Alpine, the series I had a larger wheel that was reduced for series II ( and raised column height too).. Cant recall if the series II wheel set the size for the following series . but all Series 3-V and Tiger use the same wheel
What is the diameter of the late series wheels? I have a 14" wheel that I find hard to turn when the car is stationary. My grandaughter will eventually get the car and I thiink a larger wheel will make turning easier. I'm thinking 16".

alpine_64

Donation Time
What is the diameter of the late series wheels? I have a 14" wheel that I find hard to turn when the car is stationary. My grandaughter will eventually get the car and I thiink a larger wheel will make turning easier. I'm thinking 16".
John,

You still didnt answer what series car you have.

Also, steering effort will also depend on tyres...
Do you have wider tyres than stock?
Are they grippy sports tyres?
Dry steering the cars is never a good idea.. Ig you even roll a little while turning the steering is much lighter.

Is the steering box well greased, all still supple and not dried?

Also what condition are the bushes, ball joints in?

A 14" wheel is smaller than stock but i would guess also thick than stock which can help with turning effort re gripping the wheel.. Factory larger wheel is more leverage.. But they are a spindly