• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Speedo numbers

Xkeg4

Donation Time
Hi,

I wonder if anyone can help me. I was looking through Mike Hartman's great pages about speedos for Series Alpines. I have a S1 but was looking as a friend in the local UK Rootes club who has a Tiger and wanted to sell a spare Alpine speedo he has.

Anyway it looks like a S4/5 version - the speedo number on the box is 1235838 - but I can't see it listed on your pages. Do you know if this is an Alpine speedo ?

Cheers

Martin

Attachments

• Photo 01-12-2021, 19 09 12.jpg
    Photo 01-12-2021, 19 09 12.jpg
    243.9 KB · Views: 26
  • Photo 01-12-2021, 19 09 41.jpg
    Photo 01-12-2021, 19 09 41.jpg
    301.3 KB · Views: 28

hartmandm

Diamond Level Sponsor
Your photo shows the Jaeger part number - SN5324/47 and revs per mile of 1020. I don't see that specific speedo as being used on an Alpine. However, the face looks like it is the same as the series V speedo and it also has the same revs per mile of 1020. So it looks like it should be a replacement option for the series V speedo in terms of appearance and function.

Mike

bernd_st

Bronze Level Sponsor
Correct. It's an Alpine SV NON OD replacement Speedo. Not really suitable for your SI...