• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

speedo cable

sunbby

Past SAOCA President
Donation Time
Ok, can somebody figure out which cable is correct for a Series V non-od? Or any Series for that matter.

SS lists the cables as all the same except the Series V WITHOUT od.
CS lists the cables as all the same except the Series V WITH od.
VB lists 1-5 with or without od as the same except V's in some range that is hard to decipher.

SS:
ALPINE SPEEDO CABLE
S.I-IV ALL DI54
S. V, NON OVERDRIVE DI55
S. V, WITH OVERDRIVE DI54

CS:
SC101 Speedometer Cable 1 2 3 4 5
SC102 Speedometer Cable 4 5 w/overdrive

VB:
6-8100 SPEEDOMETER CABLE “A†12345 W/O OVD
6-746 SPEEDOMETER CABLE “B†5
6-8100 SPEEDOMETER CABLE “C†12345 W/OVD
6-8101 SPEEDOMETER CABLE “D†5

Note: "A" Up to chassis #B395002175.
"B" Up to chassis #B395002181.
"C" From chassis #B395002176-on.
"D" From chassis #B395002182-on.

mikephillips

Donation Time
From my memory the only difference is that the OD cable is a bit longer. I'd say that either the SS or CS one would be ok, but ask which one is the shorter. The VB one might work but it'll be something that may fit but isn't made for a Sunbeam application. Ask me how I know.....
But I can check my parts book for lengths tonight.

sunbby

Past SAOCA President
Donation Time
Thanks Mike,

I ordered one from SS, told them what car I had and they are sending the "short one" which is their listed Series V cable without od.