• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Southern Ohio Chapter

A

AlpineIan

Now that I'm no longer with my life sucking corporate job I will have time to dedicate back to the club again. I would like to raise my hand for Southern Ohio Chapter Pres if you guys will have me. What do you think?

Series3Scott

Co-Founder/Past President
Platinum Level Sponsor
Just finish my car - the weather's nice and I want it back! :p

Yes, of course you can take responsibility for the Southern Ohio Chapter - when's our first get together?

jumpinjan

Bronze Level Sponsor
Scott,
When you pick up your car, could you drive to my house and give me a lift to Ian's, so I can get my Lemans? Maybe we should have the meeting when you come up?

Jeff Scoville

Donation Time
Are there any official chapters?
Are there guidelines?
Do we have to pony up a percentage of our "collections"?
Oh sorry, too many Sapranos re-runs.
I had asked for the members list (which happened quickly, thanks) because it seems there is no local support, I've inquired several times as to Tom Wiencek's wherabouts and involvment and have not gotten any response.
Do I just post on here "Hey can I be Northern Illinois Chapter Pres.?"
And then if yes, why? What does it all mean?
Like I said before, I think if we can get the little groups together, then when we have the big group get-togethers, there will be a larger turn out.

RootesRich

Donation Time
Jeff,
Let me look at the SAOCA bylaws this weekend so I can accurately post on the Chapters and if there's any requirements.
As far as sending the SAOCA a percentage of the collections, not needed.
However, if any of you have a nice gathering, it would be nice to take some pictures, write a report and submit it as a monthly feature for the Members Only area.
For those in the State of Colorado, I'm hoping in June or July we can get together either at a someone's house or a central location. Alpines driving up Pikes Peak would be pretty cool, but that's for the group to decide.

Jeff Scoville

Donation Time
Rich, the "collections" thing was a joke.
All I am really looking for is a way to organize something local that will still be part of the SAOCA. I feel this will help all of us collectively.
As I would like to get together with fellow Sunbeamers on more than the possible one time a year in order to make it interesting for my family as well as possibly dragging some friends into becoming members and owners.
I guess I'm just lonely.
Maybe I should look into selling "Tuperware".........

RootesRich

Donation Time
Jeff,
If you're going to start sell Tuperware, be sure to get the SAOCA logo printed on it. The SAOCA will expect to see a percentage of the collections for this gathering. ;)

Series3Scott

Platinum Level Sponsor
The whole idea with the Chapters was to build regional support for the club and gain maximum exposure for the Alpine at local Brit car shows. We needed to organize it and have some accountability, which is why we developed the Chapter by-laws to give it some structure. There is a requirement that reports would be submitted for publication, and that chapters should get together frequently.

All of that went by the way-side as the majority of the activity seemed to center around southern Ohio.

However, I'm delighted to see so many enthusiastic about revitalizing their area chapters and perhaps starting new ones.

A

AlpineIan

Ok... I'm in. I'll get a date picked out for a breakfast meeting... after I fix Scott's car, of course.

BTW... Scott, your car fell off the lift... again!

A

AlpineIan

How about a meeting on Saturday, May 12th at Bob Evans in Tipp City? We can scope out the Invasion, etc... say 9:00?

mikephillips

Donation Time
I think I can. Have to wait until the end of the week to see if any of my projects might be going to prod though. Circumstances outside my control have bumped a couple around....

Series3Scott

Platinum Level Sponsor
I think we're going to move this to the next weekend, May 19, and go to the Brit car show in downtown Dayton at the 2nd street public market. We can park together and have breakfast and a meeting somewhere, then look at the cars.

Bill Blue, you're welcome to drive over and join us if you like. We'll be discussing Invasion details.

Scott