• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Southern California Driving Event in October

serIIalpine

Donation Time
I would like to extend an invitation to all of you to join me on a driving event I try to go on every year: The SoCalTT.

What is the SocalTT? It is a two day driving event on some of the best roads in the US. We start off in Los Angeles and drive up the Angeles Crest Highway to Wrightwood. We then drive east through Redlands and up into the mountains again to Lake Arrowhead where we usually have lunch. After that we drive down to the base of the range and across and back up to Big Bear. We usually regroup at a gas station in Big Bear and then its down the north side to Old Woman Springs road were there are some amazing desert vistas. We all regroup in Pioneer Town and have a frosty refreshment and share tales of the road. Then it's on to our hotel the Yucca Inn in Yucca Valley. Once there there's a Hot tub , pool and available massage waiting for us and about half of the participants will hang by the pool and tell tales of wrong turns and amazing feats of driving skill. The other half usually go into town and enjoy a well deserved meal at one of the many resturants nearby.

The next day we're off usually through Rancho Mirage to Palms to Pines Hwy and we end up in Idylwild for lunch. From there its a few more hours of some amazing roads and then back to Los Angeles where we all partake in a awards banquet at a really nice resturant chosen by the organizers. Great fun is had by all and the event will go down as one of your all time favorite experiences. (really!)

I know I invite you all every year and every year no one shows but I'm hoping that this year is different.

The event is for any car 1975 or earlier with exceptions made for continuation models. It is not a race or a rally and there will be people that will take it easy as well as some that will really stretch the legs of the car they've worked on for so long. There is a $100 +- entrance fee that includes your hotel room as well as the awards banquet meal as well as a T-shirt and dash plaque. Applications and other info will be posted on the website shortly.

I highly recommend it and I hope to see some of you there.

You can check out past events at www.SoCalTT.com. There's a few pix of my car as well as the movie that's in this forum's movie archive.

See you in October!

Eric

'62 SerII

serIIalpine

Donation Time
So application forms are available now for the SoCalTT. If you pm me I'll send you one.

I'd love to see a few of you out on this event. It really is a blast and you'll talk about it for years.

Eric

'62 SerII

serIIalpine

Donation Time
OK so the time has come for the SoCalTT.

Those interested should meet at Chongo Coffee on Echo Park Drive North of Sunset Blvd in Echo Park - Los Angeles before 9 am tomorrow.

This is a two day event and is just about the most fun you can have in a car while it's moving.

I'll see you there.

Eric

'62 SerII