• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

soft top stowage (hood)

shagbeam

Donation Time
I got a top for my SIV. Bought the car last year w/o top. The used top I installed came with an unassembled SV my understanding wife consented to buying. I'm not sure it was ever on the car I bought. It was assembled with the webbing and bows and fit fairly well, even the holes across the back with self tapping screws lined up. I couldn't believe it would all fit under the metal covers when folded down until I watched a youtube on how to stow the top, twice. I don't know who starred in the video but nice Alpine and thanks. The problem now is I broke my foot last week and probably won't drive the car much for another month.

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
"Un assembled SV?

I got a top for my SIV. Bought the car last year w/o top. The used top I installed came with an unassembled SV my understanding wife consented to buying. I'm not sure it was ever on the car I bought. It was assembled with the webbing and bows and fit fairly well, even the holes across the back with self tapping screws lined up. I couldn't believe it would all fit under the metal covers when folded down until I watched a youtube on how to stow the top, twice. I don't know who starred in the video but nice Alpine and thanks. The problem now is I broke my foot last week and probably won't drive the car much for another month.

Hope you "Assemble" the unassembled SV....:D

I'm in the process of restoring my '67 SV.

Happy TOuring,

DanR

shagbeam

Donation Time
The foot is slowing me down on all my projects but the SV came w/ 2 sunbeam 1592 engines and trannys and 2, 2.8's and a T5 and Jose conversion kit so I'm pretty excited about getting that car built.

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
Shag,

Sounds like the car is suffering from an identity crisis. One side saying "make me stock" the other side, Jose and his disciples of the Modified Section whispering "You don't yet realise the Power of The Darkside".

Nice to have the parts to go either way. Good on you.

shagbeam

Donation Time
Jose got me leaning to the dark side last year. When I 1st bought the car and joined SAOCA. I have an old 289 I wanted to put in the alpine and 1 email from Jose got me in the 2.8 camp, or the "Dark Side".

Chuck Ingram

Donation Time
Jose got me leaning to the dark side last year. When I 1st bought the car and joined SAOCA. I have an old 289 I wanted to put in the alpine and 1 email from Jose got me in the 2.8 camp, or the "Dark Side".

Been there. Done it.

The 2.8 conversion makes the Alpine a true sports car in every sense.The engine is strong and oh so reliable 100,000 miles is no problem.When I did my conversion back in 1979 Iwas so pleased.At 100,000 miles I thought maybe 200,000 would be a good goal.Well I did make almost the 177,000 mark but the last trip through the BC Rockies a tired motor was now evident.Having previously did the 351W and 5 speed for the Lister clone I went and changed the V6 to a ford racoing 302.The simple installation of the V6 is so easy where the V8 conversion can be a big job as there are so many mods needed that only become evident as you proceed

With the V6 we made many trips of a few thousand miles almost at will.That is how dependable I felt.Would I build another V6?Maybe most likely but there is a 53 Meteor to build for my grandaughters.It was there father's car and I want to do it for them in his memory.The car will be exactly as it left the factory

Anyway I do know as many others now know you will enjoy the car with a V6

Remember it is the journey that makes it