• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Soft too problem help

Depcons

Donation Time
I have a 1966 alpine. I just got it Thursday 9-23-21. The top was up. I had a heck of a time getting the latches open to get the top down. I finally got it. Later that evening I was putting it up. And it would not latch. I lack 3/4 to1/4 inch meeting the top of wind screen. HELP, what an I doing wrong or what do I need to do.

nsbluenose

Silver Level Sponsor
Park the car is the sun to warm up the top material. It will stretch when it is warm and most likely easily fasten for you. The top and mechanism is probably a bit stiff and seized up from non-use, exercise is some to loosen it up.

husky drvr

Platinum Level Sponsor
Depcons,

Welcome to the forum.

There are some adjustments that may be relevant. Some pictures might give the resident experts some insights to help you.

This link has a demonstration for lowering the top. Pay attention to the short explanation about how the top material should be attached at the rain gutters. That is sometimes a problem, but it sounds as if you might have additional issues as well.

Good luck,

Depcons

Donation Time
Thanks- I did get it closed. But it is still about 1/4” from touching the chrome top of wind screen

Slainte

Donation Time
Any chance the heavy rubber weather strip that seals the top to the windshield is missing or damaged? Mine used to fall off once in a while.

Depcons

Donation Time
After looking closer I noticed a channel in the side rail and yes there is no rubber any where. I have order both windows and head rail. Thanks