• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Slotted alternator adjusting bracket

Acollin

Donation Time
1966 series v

as some of your know, my alternator mounting flange broke and tossed everything around. In replacing the alternator ,I discovered that the slotted adjusting bracket had snapped and broken too— along the slotted section. For those who have tried to replace this part, sunbeam parts suppliers list them as NLA.

I found something usable at Moss motors - part number C25147. It is a little beefier ( good for us) and works very well. The one pictured is 6” long. It was out of stock so I bought one that is 4 3/4 “ — works fine too although the 6” item might give you a bit more flexibility with fan belt sizing.

hope this helps
Be well all
Andrew

Attachments

• 188D8AED-4710-4B52-B564-0699DD85DBE4.png
    188D8AED-4710-4B52-B564-0699DD85DBE4.png
    660.5 KB · Views: 29