• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

SIV-V Alternate Hubcaps?

Scotty

Silver Level Sponsor
I figure this is a modified question, thus I'll post it here. If it belongs elsewhere, please accept my apologies and feel free to move this.

I'm considering changing out the 'Center Hub Caps' or whatever the proper parlance is on my SIV. I have the 8 'Kidney' stock rims running the center hubcap and the chrome beauty ring on it and have been trying like mad to figure out what the correct size is for these. I have the original ones that 'snap' over the three round bumps/bolts that are mid-rim. Anyone running anything different that can point me in the right direction or give me some technical data on the correct size of these?

Thanks in advance!

Jay Laifman

Donation Time
I don't. But I can tell you that back in the late 70s I looked high and low to get those beauty rings. I always thought they were odd that the OD was smaller than the OD of the wheel itself. I finally got them (this was before the ease of the internet). But it was short lived since I swapped over to new hubs and wire wheels in the late 80s.

hartmandm

Diamond Level Sponsor
I'm confused. You have the stock rims, hub caps and maybe the trim rings. But you want to know their sizes, even though you have them? Hopefully you see my confusion. :)

Mike