• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

SIII-V? Map Light Lens

Scotty

Silver Level Sponsor
Does anyone make these anymore? I have one that's in usable condition but I'm looking for something closer to new. Any tips or ideas? Thanks fam!

alpine_64

Donation Time
Sunbeam specialties used to stock the lens.. But if Not try the Moss or any if the jaguar/ lotus. Amd healey guys... Its a sparto brand lamp and was used in several period UK cars

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
Yep, it’s the same lens as in a Jaguar XKE or their saloons of the 1960’s.

That being said, it is *not* the same as the ones fitted to an MGB or Lotus, though the two lamp units do look similar.

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
The problem with the lenses is that the bl**dy mounting holes break off where the little retaining clips slide on, so they never stay on properly after that. The solution for me was to stuff some of that sticky poster-hanging gum in there (butyl rubber may also work) and pop it back on, pressing it firmly onto the pins. Worked well enough!