• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

shocks

Charles Johns

Donation Time
Does anyone know the extended and collapsed dimensions of the stock shocks on a series 5 Alpine? I am searching for new shocks and not wanting racing or extra stiff replacements. I build for daily driving and overall comfort. Brands are not my interest but dimensions so I can research different brands on my own. My Ford 2.3 is in the car but without a transmission, the bumpers are removed, the hood is off, the windshield is off, and many other small parts off, and I measure about 12.5" as is. I guess about 12" for the loaded shock height with a fully equipped car. Any help appreciated.