• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Shock conversion for early series

bulldurham

Platinum Level Sponsor
For others who may wonder...
I used Gabriel Gas Ryder, VST, 69622, from AutoZone. Have been very happy w/ them for street purposes.
If they will let you use them, A/Z has catalogs that provide the expanded and compressed measurement of the shocks by grade, then it becomes a task of finding the correct one w/ eyelets on each end.

britbeam

Donation Time
Shock conversion

Chuck I have the Bull D shock installation.
This is what I used Monroe P/N 33033(Gas Lg bore).
The bottom rubber bushing must be removed and
bore rubber larger to fit the shaft. Very simple install and gives a
much better ride than the lever action originals.

Dwain V6 Krazy

Chuck Ingram

Donation Time
Back in 1979 I was just finishing the 62. the engine was 170 conservatly Hp
Front end was Mutt II. Rear was the 8 inch ford. That's when I went to standard shocks. I was wondering what people were using with Doug's conversion
I believe he was using shocks with loop ends. I'm using loop/stem.

I,was wanting a 16/17 inch extended shock. I have found what I hope will be what will work better than the 19 inch ones I bought the other day

I have been in contact with Doug

Last edited: