• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Shipping? Label on cardboard inside seats

mferris

Donation Time
While recovering my 1966 SV seats this weekend - I discovered the following (packing?) label stuck to the cardboard used to form the innards of my seat.

Took a picture for historical reasons as it added a little character to the car (and reused the cardboard). Not sure if this was just spare cardboard they had lying around or other. Nor do I know if the car was in the US sold new (need to look up the history).

Hopefully the link works:

http://bit.ly/1DDHRNS

-M

mikephillips

Donation Time
Never seen amy labels on the parts in the seats I've opened up over the years. Bet that piece was the top one on the bundled pile, can't imagine they'd have that on every one.

jdoclogan

Platinum Level Sponsor
My Harrington Le Mans' rear seat back had factory writing (see attached photo). Apparently the workmen were able to finish in a timely manner because the production date was 7/17-7/21 1961.

Attachments

• Factory writing.jpg
    Factory writing.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 64

65beam

Donation Time
shipping

jerry,
we found some similar writing on the side panels in the hatch area of one of our Lemans. the upholstery shop said it looked like it was written with what he called a "grease pencil". the writing looked like it was the last four numbers of the vin but it was badly faded so it was difficult to read. I wonder if this was the way Harrington had the panels marked so they got to the right car. does anyone know if the upholstery was done in house at harrington or was done by an outside vendor and shipped over to be installed?

alpineclive

Diamond Level Sponsor
Hi mferris

I was interested by the label as it appears to say "Jackson" and "Bourne" and I thought it might be Bourne End (just down the road from where I live. A quick Google gave me "Jackson's Millboard and Paper Co Ltd Works, Bourne End" and a photo of their works circa 1935 http://www.britainfromabove.org.uk/image/epr000402

The Mill Works aren't there anymore much like the decline of the paper industry in High Wycombe area!

Thanks for giving me something to do during my lunch break :)

Best regards
Clive

hartmandm

Diamond Level Sponsor
Similar to the label in the seat, I recently found a label attached to the wiring harness on my Series V. It is in the gap behind the driver's side tail lamp. The date stamp is 28 APR 1966. I think my car was built on May 12, 1966 based on the VIN. Quite interesting.

Mike

Attachments

• 20150501-005 wiring harness tag.jpg
    20150501-005 wiring harness tag.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 57