• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

series III gas filler to body

Knightowl61

Gold Level Sponsor
How is the gas filler tube on the series III secured to the fender, rubber grommet? I don't see anything for series III in the SS catalogue.

alpine_64

Donation Time
Yes a rubber gromet.. Not sure if the series I/II will work... As they have a different surround for the tube... But shiuld be the same size.

bulldurham

Platinum Level Sponsor
I got mine from SS but that was about 3 years ago. Have you checked w/ Kurt

Got mine from SS about 3 years ago. Very different from I-II, but I-II will probably work for you ; at least keep water out of trunk
Have you tried Kurt, the NY supplier.?

alpine_64

Donation Time
Ah... In 2018 i arranged for a bunch of those s3 gromets to be sent stateside... I remembered that earlier today.

Iirc bobs rubber had some issue with the usa fuel and some dried when they got exposed

Jay Laifman

Donation Time
I got mine ages ago from Bruce. He said it was a grommet from electrical cabinets that he father found. So I imagine they are still out there. It fits perfectly. But, I think the overall OD is a little smaller that stock. Works fine for me. Just more chrome is shown.