• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Series I Windshield

Fordtootsie

Donation Time
I need a windshield for a series I alpine. I believe that the series II is the same as the series I

John in Colorado

sunalp

Diamond Level Sponsor
I just finished up an assembly project on a Series II. ( still have a Series II frame and a Series 1 frame)
The glass can be purchased through Pilkingtons. ( Sunbeam Specialties will send you there as they
don't carry these any longer.) The seal that you need can be purchased from MacGregor in Canada,
'The seal is something like $120 ( with shipping) and the glass is somewhere around $200. Not too bad
on the glass until they tack on another $200 for boxing and shipping as it has to go by truck.

Hope that helps,
Steve

Fordtootsie

Donation Time
sunalp

How long ago did you make your purchase? I called Pilkingtons today and they said they did not have this windshield. The person I talked with however, did not know what an Alpine was so that may a problem.

John in Colorado

65beam

Donation Time
Pilkington part number is FW00101 CLN . I picked up two at the Columbus, Ohio warehouse last spring. There is a charge of around $200.00 if they package and ship. They had 9 left after that. Cost with me picking up was $267.10.

Fordtootsie

Donation Time
65beam

Thanks for the info. I contacted Pilkington Glass again. This time I found someone who knew about Sunbeam windshields. Pilkington is currently out of stock on the SerI & II windshields but should have a new supply in about 4 weeks.

The price they gave me was $267.10 and $150.00 to ship but this may change when the new windshields are in.

Thanks Again

John in Colorado