• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Series I temp sender questions

hartmandm

Diamond Level Sponsor
Allan,

How awful and disheartening. So sorry to hear what happened. Hope you can eventually get re-motivated to get back to it.

Mike

Pete S.

Bronze Level Sponsor
Allan,

NVU-99320-04 is a New Vintage sender part number, not a VDO part number. I don't think that sender would have had the right resistance curve if it did fit.

I'm guessing you don't have a thread gauge (SAE & metric) or a caliper to measure the existing sender's TPI and thread OD?

I'm hoping someone on the forum might know the stock temp sender diameter and TPI.

Mike

It's quite possibly BSP - British Standard Pipe if it's an original to the car part. Possibly 3/8" BSP. Some time ago I thought the metric equivalent was M16x1.5R, but I would check as it has been a while since I needed to mess with temp senders.