• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Series I & II Hardtop on eBay

alpine_64

Donation Time
At us$2000 ... For a resto project early top without rear window stainless or headliner and a screen frame for recrome...... Wtf....

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Well, it seems to include the windshield frame, glass, the attachment buckles and interior mirror.
Bill

husky drvr

Platinum Level Sponsor
Maybe because the seller thinks you wont mind retrieving the pieces while you are enjoying a desert SW vacation? :rolleyes:

tigereater

Silver Level Sponsor
It appears to be in decent shape comparing it to the 3 tops we have. It looks like you can actually see through the Plexiglas. Ours are all so fogged. Looks like lots of bits and bobs that are needed to use it are there, The price is way too high though.
Gina

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Anyone tried painting the window with automotive clearcoat? I did, Sanded, mostly to give the clear a better chance of adhering. No need to remove scratches, including the sanding scratches. Worked better, and had better longevity than I had expected. Works great, but does nothing to minimize internal faults. The clearocat does a great job of filling imperfections and lifting the crazing.
Bill

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
Anyone tried painting the window with automotive clearcoat?
That is an interesting approach, Bill. I remember you writing about that at the time, although I had forgotten all about it. It makes me think about products designed for refinishing headlight covers. I know there are all kinds of them out there, but I remember seeing this video from Eastwood and thinking that was a relatively expensive, but likely more durable approach. Give the scarcity of good hardtop windows, this might be worth a try.