• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Series I/II Alpine hardtop B post rubbers

alpine_64

Donation Time
Does anyone know of anyone is reproducing the rubbers that go under the triangular mounting brackets the bolts secure through to the B post on the early series hardtops?

bernd_st

Bronze Level Sponsor
Michael,

Nope, as is far as I'm aware nobody is doing them. Cutted myself a pair out of a 5mm rubber plate. Hole is 8mm in diameter and can be done with a matching punch. Glued mine into place - looks and works well ...

alpine_64

Donation Time
Hi Bernd,

Thanks for that, i looked at my hardtop and the RHS one seems to have been lost.
The LHS is still there. Mine appear to be molded, a Stepped design so that they went up into the hollow of the bracket casting and then a ridge for the bracket to sit on and ensure the rubber didnt colapse into the bracket.

I might Cad up a rubber and see if when the world settles down i can have a rubber 3d printed print a mold and make some the old fashion way.

bernd_st

Bronze Level Sponsor
Post some pictures please. Have never seen an original. Appearantly they all got lost. If you remake them put me in for 3 pairs ;)