• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Series I front windshield

Fordtootsie

Donation Time
This may be a long shot - BUT - does anyone have a good series I, II front windshield.

The glass company in the UK has said they indent to make more - but I have been on the list for a year and there is still no confirmed schedule for production.

John in Colorado

sunalp

Diamond Level Sponsor
John,

Try Pilkington for the windscreen. I believe they're in Ohio. Also, get the new seal from
MacGregors in Canada. Not cheap, but it's correct and fits!

Cheers!
Steve

Fordtootsie

Donation Time
Steve

In my efforts to find a windscreen I found none in the USA but was put onto Pilkington whose headquarters is in the UK.

They have said that they have placed an order. At first the screens were going to be made in the UK. now they are going to be made in - I think it was Finland. However to date no time has been set for production. So no idea when or if production will start. I have been on their waiting list for about a year.

None of the part places that I know of have any in stock. They are in the same boat I am.

So I am reaching out to the Sunbeam club to see if any still exist in the back corner of the garage.

If someone knows of one in existences I would like to know.

Jan - I will contact Bob Webb - How do I contact him?

sunalp

Diamond Level Sponsor
I don't think Steve has any with decent glass. I was looking for one last year for a customer
and asked Steve. His was cracked. I did find one, but it took some time. Try looking at the gallery of
Series 1 cars and see if you can contact anyone that has one. You never know what you'll find.
By the way, Bob Webb is 65beam on this forum.

I'll see if any of my contacts has one & let you know. I'll be at the United in a couple of weeks
and will see a lot of them there.
Cheers!
Steve

65beam

Donation Time
Steve

In my efforts to find a windscreen I found none in the USA but was put onto Pilkington whose headquarters is in the UK.

They have said that they have placed an order. At first the screens were going to be made in the UK. now they are going to be made in - I think it was Finland. However to date no time has been set for production. So no idea when or if production will start. I have been on their waiting list for about a year.

None of the part places that I know of have any in stock. They are in the same boat I am.

So I am reaching out to the Sunbeam club to see if any still exist in the back corner of the garage.

If someone knows of one in existences I would like to know.

Jan - I will contact Bob Webb - How do I contact him?
I'm easy to find. Pilkington has warehouses all over the U.S. so you may be getting routed to the warehouse in Colorado. The warehouse in Columbus did have several new ones in stock. I have used ones and some have minor scratches. Send me a PM telling me what you're looking for.

65beam

Donation Time
I talked with Randy at the Pilkington distribution center in Columbus (Urbancrest ) this morning. He has ten in transit and should be available for pickup after 09/07. Pilkington has two distribution centers in the states. Columbus and Phoenix. They have over 100 warehouses elsewhere in the states so I would check with them later if you want a new screen. They do box and ship. The phone number for Phoenix is 623-516-0389

Alpine Bob

Donation Time
I hae a complete Series I windscreen frame completely rechromed. I also have a used windscreen for a Series II or a Series IV. (old age gets me some times, I"ve got CRS, Can'tRemember SXXX)
Email me if your interested at: alpinebobb@gmail.com. I'm located in Middle Georgia