1. Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Dismiss Notice

Series 2 junker

Discussion in 'Alpine Cars and Parts For Sale' started by Knightowl61, Apr 6, 2021.

1. Knightowl61

Knightowl61 Gold Level Sponsor

It's time to get rid of the series 2 parts car from Eric. Used to fix/restore a series 2 & 3 Alpines. Mostly body and trim were used. Engine and transmission not touched (came as is). 1725 engine turns easily and transmission shifts through the gears, unknown real conditions. Whole car as is pickup only, or part out for what you need. make offer. Located in Durham, NC

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 6, 2021
  2. RootesRooter

RootesRooter Platinum Level Sponsor

Just an FYI that, per the VIN stamped on the block, its a 1592 from a Series IVa.

3. Knightowl61

I stand corrected With a camera I could see 1600. DSC09720.JPG

4. 61Beamer

61Beamer Donation Time

Hi, do you have rims and/or tires for a 61 series II?

5. Knightowl61

I have a bunch of 13" wire and steel rims, some with tires. A couple tires look good but I wouldn't trust any due to age.
    I'm not sure what series they came from (probably mixed).

6. 61Beamer

61Beamer Donation Time

Oh thank you but now we are leaning toward keeping the original wheels. Turns out the shop was overcautious and the wheels are fine!

7. trbrg

trbrg Gold Level Sponsor

Still have the car? I need Right rear fender, Right front Fender for my series 1

8. Knightowl61

trbrg sent pm

Last edited: Jul 31, 2021
  9. jmahall

jmahall Silver Level Sponsor

Looking for the two vertical windshield pieces if in good shape.

10. thecatsmeow

thecatsmeow Bronze Level Sponsor

Knightowl61, do you have any exterior trunk lid pictures?

11. Knightowl61

The outside skin is ok (patchable luggage rack & license holes), marks are mostly tree sap.
    inside bottom lip is all rusted out. If you can pick it up it's yours for free.
    DSC09736.JPG DSC09737.JPG DSC09738.JPG DSC09739.JPG

12. thecatsmeow

thecatsmeow Bronze Level Sponsor

I’ll take the trunk lid. PM sent.

13. Shabazz

Shabazz Gold Level Sponsor

Do you have the gas tank?…can gas tanks be shipped?