• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Series 2 engine from Delaware

londoner

Donation Time
Taking a chance here that someone might know of a series 2 engine that I recently purchased from a restoration shop in Delaware (McQueens) they stated it came out of a running driving series 2 that had a Mazda engine swap. Hoping someone might know the car that it came out of. Engine is on its way to NH (hopefully)
Hoping to pop it into my series 2 that I am wrapping up the bodywork to. Thanks

watisit

Diamond Level Sponsor
Hey Londoner, I think you need to put the lottery on……. What are the chances but yes! That was my old engine. It was actually my good friends shop next to McQueens where I did the work to a 1.8 Miata conversion back in 2018. I still have my car. Cheers Jason EF0A1FB0-FFB5-4842-8A9E-B356FAB792D5.jpegD00E6D44-0CC7-4929-AD5C-FB8BA770BF81.jpeg

londoner

Donation Time
Hey Londoner, I think you need to put the lottery on……. What are the chances but yes! That was my old engine. It was actually my good friends shop next to McQueens where I did the work to a 1.8 Miata conversion back in 2018. I still have my car. Cheers Jason View attachment 25743View attachment 25744
Hey Jason. That's fantastic! Trust me I'm not usually that lucky!!
So how did the engine run? Do you know if it had a valve job for unleaded??
I am hoping to put it in my car as the original one was seized and in rough shape. How do you like your new set up? Looks awsome!
Thanks a million for the pictures. Any history of the motor would be great! Cheers. John

watisit

Diamond Level Sponsor
Hey John, looks like a sweet project you have there…… I bought my series II in 2017 from a local guy in Maryland. The carb conversion was already on the engine and was great upgrade (not sure if it’s still on your purchase of the engine) there was a set up with a electric fuel pump that was not great so I changed it back to a new mechanical pump, serviced everything up installed some new gaskets etc and the engine ran pretty well for the year before I decided to go in a different direction as you can see (toyanvil on here being the inspiration, obviously no where near his detail and precision of his build) I never had any problems running unleaded. I can’t say whether anything was done or not to the head. Not sure if you are getting the transmission I had? It would sometimes jump out of 2nd gear
As regards my new set up, ABSOLUTELY love it! Double the HP, 5 speed, fuel injection, what’s not to love about it. This was how I got the car originally so it will give you some idea of how the previous owner kept the engine…… Cheers Jason CD478F5A-6509-42E2-9E87-CB767D88ADF0.jpeg