• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Sebring Alpine to run Monterrey

stevenalcala

Silver Level Sponsor
Once again my 1962 Sunbeam Alpine factory team car has been accepted to run in the Monterrey Reunion. I run on Sat., August 18.

Steven Alcala

226_edited-1.jpg

autoxsept10.jpg

alpine_64

Donation Time
Good luck STeve! Do the SUnbeam marque proud. I saw some videos of you from last year on youtube.. looked like hard work on the car chasing the alfas up the hill to the corkscrew.

Gitnrusty

Donation Time
Hi Steve.
...Cant make the race but I expect to see photos of you on the podium drenched in champagne :D.
...No matter what post the results, and keep the shiney side up. Good luck!

stevenalcala

Silver Level Sponsor
Sunbeams at Momtery

At Laguna, my lap times in the Sebring are very slow, 2.15. In my
old SII we got down to 2.08. The great late Carl Christianson could do maybe a 2.02. In my old Tiger 1.57. Fast Tigers these days run at 1.42. It all depends on the preparation of the car, the weight, the ride height, windscreen or windshield, posi rear end, and of course tires are everything.

Steven Alcala

stevenalcala

Silver Level Sponsor
I run standard but rebuilt with thicker inner spokes at the front. In the rear I run two 6-inch wire wheels that Caril Christianson sold me. He had them custom made. They have a lot more spokes and the wheels are much heavier and tend to break more often. I break at least one spoke (either front or rear) per race weekend.

Steven

Jay Laifman

Donation Time
Hi Steve. We were there for the pre-Historics and saw Dan and Tom. Sorry to have missed you.

All the best,
Jay