• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Seat Back positioning

Fergusonic

Donation Time
SV. With the seat back in the straight up position and in the fully reclined position; the locking lever will engage easily. When trying to find any other position (which is comfortable to driving) it is difficult to find any position where the locking lever will engage. I have to hunt for that sweet spot where the locking lever engages.
1) How many seat positions are available in an SV?
2) What can be done to insure easy operation of the locking lever? ie. what is the problem?

Gordon Holsinger

Diamond Level Sponsor
SV. With the seat back in the straight up position and in the fully reclined position; the locking lever will engage easily. When trying to find any other position (which is comfortable to driving) it is difficult to find any position where the locking lever will engage. I have to hunt for that sweet spot where the locking lever engages.
2) What can be done to insure easy operation of the locking lever? ie. what is the problem?
Check that the ratchet mechanism is not bent or the teeth are not burred or missing

Silver Creek Sunbeam

Gold Level Sponsor
You may already know this but I did not realize until I rebuilt and installed stock seats in my Alpine that once you get the seat position that you want, the lever has to be pushed down to the bottom to lock it.

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor

About a half dozen or so. In any event, more than one.
Bill

alpine_64

Donation Time
The microcell seats have quite a few rake positions, assuming you are locking it in position ( i cant imagine you are not) the most obvious and common issue would be worn teeth on the arm or gear.. There is a repair kit available from sunbeam specialties to fix it.

Also the base has 2 positions via a flip down bar with little legs under the seat at the rear which allows a height adjustment.

Last edited: