• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Sealing Radiator Shroud: Foam?

ducsingle

Donation Time
I'm trying to seal up the gaps between my radiator shroud and my radiator for better cooling. The radiator is a non-stock aluminum radiator.

The big cooling article I read recommended sealing gaps with foam. What kind of foam are folks using for this? I'm not sure if the typical stuff at the hardware store is sufficiently heat resistant for this type of application.

Duke

Donation Time
I used the black, high density pipe insulation foam. I just cut it to the right length and shoved it in the gap, its still there. This was between the radiator and the crossmember gap.

Blocking the horn holes is also key.

ducsingle

Donation Time
Blocking the horn holes is also key.

I unbolted my horns this afternoon so I can make some blanking plate mock-ups out of cardboard and then transfer the profile to aluminum plate.

bluoval

Donation Time
closed cell foam

I used a closed cell foam that does not colect and hold moisture... good luck Earl bluoval