• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Save the date! Sunbeam Invasion/SOS Columbia, SC April 5+6, 2019

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
Come join us at the Carolina British Classics-Tartan Day South British car show. We will have a weekend long Sunbeam Invasion in conjunction with this popular event. There is plenty for the whole family to see and do. This year's date is two weeks later than last year so warmer weather for sure!
Hotel and registration details will be posted soon. More info here http://www.bccmc.com/carolina-british-classics-xii/

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
COME ONE! COME ALL!

Sunbeam Invasion/SOS Columbia, SC April 5+6, 2019

I am planning now for a grand time:)

65beam

Donation Time
Dan.
As of yesterday there is nothing on the BCCMC site for show registration nor has there been any hotel info put out. Only a date for the show. ????

65sunbeam

Diamond Level Sponsor
Show registration will be out soon. We are staying at the same hotel as last year.
https://www.wyndhamhotels.com/winga...ingate-by-wyndham-columbia-lexington/overview
Those coming from out of town, we will have stuff going on all day including a huge Sunbeam swap meet at the hotel on Friday April 5th. The big British car show that we invade with our Sunbeams is on Saturday April 6th along with Tartan Day South. More details as I get them.
If you have never been to this Invasion before come and join us!

65beam

Donation Time
Eric,
I already have my reservations at the hotel. I've been checking the BCCMC site since October so I can register for the show. That's not a big problem. Someone needs to try to get a better rate for the hotel. My current rate with the best discounts is $143 / night.

65beam

Donation Time
Eric,
Has anybody had a chance to talk to the hotel about a discounted room rate for the weekend?

BERNARD ROSE

Donation Time
Can we expect more information soon about hotel and show registration. I called the hotel and they are not aware of our gathering.

65sunbeam

Diamond Level Sponsor
I just got off the phone with the hotel. They have a block of rooms for us available for the nights of April 4, 5, and 6. That is Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights for $99 per night. Ask them for the British Car Club blocked rate. Call the hotel direct at
803-957-5000. If you have made reservations earlier at a higher price, they will change your rate to the special blocked room rate. PLEASE reserve your room as soon as possible as this special rate goes away on March 4th!! There are a limited number of rooms available and this is a weekend that most hotels in town will be full. Thanks-Eric

BERNARD ROSE

Donation Time
Thank you. I just booked my room as per your instructions and everything went smoothly. This will be my first participation, so I look forward to meeting fellow Alpine enthusiast.

65sunbeam

Diamond Level Sponsor
Great that you can join us! And glad the room reservation was painless.....Eric

bnicks

Donation Time
Come join us at the Carolina British Classics-Tartan Day South British car show. We will have a weekend long Sunbeam Invasion in conjunction with this popular event. There is plenty for the whole family to see and do. This year's date is two weeks later than last year so warmer weather for sure!
Hotel and registration details will be posted soon. More info here http://www.bccmc.com/carolina-british-classics-xii/
New to the group - not sure my 1964 Alpine is ready for the drive from Winston-Salem to Columbia... TBD.

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
bnicks, There are several guys up your way coming.

George Coleman - Burlington
Doug Miller - Durham
John Miller - Durham
and a few other potentials

Drive or haul, either way we would enjoy you and your Alpine being present:)

65sunbeam

Diamond Level Sponsor
No Sunbeam required to attend! Just enthusiasm and a chance to meet up with other Rootes car owners. Seeing complete and running cars is the best motivation to get your car finished-and don't forget to bring spare parts to sell or trade at our all day Sunbeam swap meet on Friday at the hotel. See you there! Eric

Attachments

• DSC00209.JPG
    DSC00209.JPG
    378 KB · Views: 18