• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Save the date! Sunbeam Invasion/BASH Columbia, SC Mar 31-Apr 2 2023

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
Sunbeam SOS March 2014 4.jpg

Come join all of your Sunbeam friends at our Sunbeam Invasion/BASH! No Kilt required but wearing one at the adjacent Scottish Games lets you fit in....
We had 30 Sunbeams attend for the weekend and show last year.
More info here https://bccmc.com/

Stay tuned into this forum for updates!
PS-BASH=Bring A Sunbeam Here

Last edited:

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Here is our President enjoying a bit of Sunshine (leaning on Blue Boy). Look closely, his head (cap) and shoulders are showing right over the Hard Top.

The Kilts are off to the right.

20180324_154917.jpg

65sunbeam

Diamond Level Sponsor
The host hotel contract has been signed-here is a link so you can reserve your room
https://www.wyndhamhotels.com/winga...3&checkOutDate=04/02/2023&groupCode=033023BRI
The room rate is $109+tax. They gave us the same rate we have had for years.
We also reserved the swap meet and hospitality room and got the adjacent room to it as well. Last year we ran out of swap meet space and luckily got the adjacent room at the last minute. So LOTS of space for everyone. We will also have several tables for
free stuff so bring some parts to give away and maybe you will find what you need there too!
The all day swap meet is Friday March 31st. The British car show/Sunbeam Invasion show and Scottish Games are on Saturday April 1st. More info will be coming soon.

studmobile

Diamond Level Sponsor
As always, thanks for all your work to make this such a great weekend. Well wroth the effort, for those who have not attended in the past. David

65sunbeam

Diamond Level Sponsor
Schedule for the Invasion

Friday March 31st
Set-up the swap meet in the parts room which opens at 10 AM. Pizza and subs in the parts room at 6 PM. A few tech sessions during the day, tire kicking in the parking lot, and socializing all day long!

Saturday April 1st British Car Show and Tartan Day Festival at the Columbia Motor Speedway 8:30 – 3:30. Dinner at Hudson’s BBQ at 7:00 pm.

Sunday April 2nd Sunbeams head for home

Please let me know if you plan on joining us so we can have enough food and supplies for everyone. Make sure you reserve your hotel room early to get the best rates and fill out the car registration form and mail it soon!
Also this year if you are bringing a car trailer please let me know. We will have trailer parking in a locked parking lot near the hotel.

Last edited:

65sunbeam

Diamond Level Sponsor
The Invasion is just over one month away!
Get those registrations filled out and mailed to the host club if you plan on bringing your car to the April 1st show and let me know if you will be at our swap meet and gathering the Friday before the show.
There are three judging classes at the British car show on Saturday April 1st shown on the registration form available here
https://bccmc.com/

Alpine
Tiger
Rare Rootes

If you have a V6 Alpine you can enter your car in the Alpine class or the Special & Modified Class number 35. Your choice!

Last edited:

65sunbeam

Diamond Level Sponsor
The block of hotel rooms at the special rate has expired-but you can call the hotel directly as per the note below

Good morning!
Unfortunately, once the cut off date has past, I cannot alter the block. The computer will not let me.
Luckily, there are plenty of rooms still available at the hotel level. They will need to call the hotel directly and we can push through the reservations into the block, and they can get the group discount.
I will let the front desk know to expect some calls for this group.
Thank you,

Peggy Kellerhals

Front Office Manager

Wingate by Wyndham

803-957-5000

Greggers

SAOCA Vice President
Platinum Level Sponsor
I know I'm a bit late to the party, but I did manage to get a room within the block a couple of minutes ago. Now to find a stamp to mail in the registration.

65sunbeam

Diamond Level Sponsor
UPDATE!
Over 20 Sunbeams registered for the show on Saturday so far and lots of folks coming minus a Sunbeam and all are welcome.
We even have a member flying in from Canada and one from California!
I have heard from many that they are bringing parts for our all day swap meet on Friday at the hotel.
It will be in the low 80's for both Friday and Saturday so wear shorts or a kilt.....
Safe travels to all and we are looking forward to seeing y'all.

mototron

Donation Time
I am driving from Long island Ny to invasion with a empty pickup ,if anyone
needs parts brought there ,let me know

65sunbeam

Diamond Level Sponsor
Thanks to all who attended the Invasion this year!
The Friday all day swap meet at the host hotel was great and it is always good seeing everyone again.
16 Sunbeams attended the British car show on Saturday. The weather report for the day kept the car count down but it was just a brief rain and the sun came out quickly and dried everything out. The only red Sunbeams there were the two Harringtons-that was unusual.

1680528748101.jpeg

1680528844627.jpeg

1680528907584.jpeg

1680528957901.jpeg

seriesIIIgt

Platinum Level Sponsor
I want to comment on the weekend l spend with all of you. Everyone was so friendly and went out of their way to talk to me.coming from California things are different out here l well not even get into our problems out here. I look forward to seeing all of you again. Thanks for the wonderful time
Geoff McGuire series III gt

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Geoff, you were a great part of the visit too! Enjoyed meeeting up after several years of E-mailing and phone converations.

Sure hope we meet up again too!

Best of wishes to you my friend,