• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

SAOCA Rootes Archive Centre Trust Matching Donation, with a special incentive!

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
The club hasn’t contributed to the Trust for a while and we’d like to make a big splash this year. Accordingly, we are going to match every dollar donated by Club members between now and April 30th, up to a maximum club contribution of $1,000. So, with enough member participation, the SAOCA and its members could be making a total donation of $2,000. The Board would like to see this happen, so to sweeten the pot and encourage donations, we are going to hold a random drawing for one of our new Sunbeam Owners Club Badges! Our reproduction and the original can be seen in this photo:

Badge.jpg

Until now, the badges have been the exclusive property of our Diamond members. We will hold a random drawing on April 30th to select the lucky winner and all SAOCA members who contribute to the Centre will be eligible, regardless of membership level.

And, to sweeten the pot further, you will get one entry for any contribution and one additional entry if you contribute at the “Friend of the Rootes Archive Centre” level, currently $25 for overseas members. Friends of the Rootes Archive Centre receive a regular newsletter from the Centre and "the satisfaction of knowing you are helping preserve a key piece of motoring history". Unfortunately, the Centre never knew who its SAOCA Friends were because we tend to ‘bundle’ our contributions. We’ve been discussing that with the Centre and will work with them to improve their overseas contribution process going forward. For now, if you wish to be a Friend (and, of course, if you contribute at least $25) we will just need your permission to share your name and email address with the Centre. Let us know when you contribute and we’ll take it from there.

Contributions should be made to the club's PayPal account at membership@sunbeamalpine.org. Please be sure to add info in the notes section that it is for the Archives Trust so we can track donations, and please mark it was "Friends and Family" so that the whole amount goes to the club/Trust. If you prefer to send a check, make it payable to “SAOCA Treasurer” and mail it to:

Dan Richardson
123 Richardson Drive
Greenwood, South Carolina 29649​

And, again, be sure to let us know on the check that it is for the Archives Trust. If you prefer to contribute directly to the Trust (https://www.rootesarchive.org/become-a-friend-of-the-archive/) just let us know how much you sent and we will add you to the drawing and the club match.

Thank you in advance for your support. The more our cars age, the more we are going to need the incredible resources available from the Centre. Let’s be sure we all do our part to support it!

Last edited:

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
Thanks to Bob and Judy S for donating and joining up to the Archives Trust!

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
That is terrific. So, a total SAOCA donation of $760, with a month to go on our matching challenge! Come on guys! We really want to get as close to maxing out our match as possible!

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
Sorry I’m late but it’s not midnight here on the west coast. I’m in at $40. Check going out tomorrow am. Send to Dan

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Just received Rocky's donation to the Trust and his dues. Eric will be updating

Thanks to all for supporting the SAOCA

john.hemsath

Diamond Level Sponsor
I'm in for $25, check on its way today or tomorrow
It's ok to share my name and email address with the Centre.
Thanks!
john.hemsath

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
Today is the last day to contribute and be entered in the drawing! Dan has received several checks over the last few days, so we will wait until next week to make our contribution and conduct the drawing to give last minute donaters a chance for their checks to be received.

Donate today if you want to be make a difference and be included in the drawing!

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner!

But, first...

We raised $720 for our members in this fund drive, so with the match, the SAOCA will be contributing $1,440 to the Rootes Archive Trust! Well done guys! 15 members made contributions during the fund drive, ranging from $25 to $125. Since all contributions were at the "Friends" level or higher, I created a spreadsheet with everyone's name on it twice (once for contributing and once for contributing at the Friends level). I then had Excel generate a random number for each name, with the highest number the winner of the badge.

And, the winner is: Tom Johnson (Green67Alpine). Congratulations, Tom. Eric is sending your badge.

But, wait! There's more.

As I said, contributions ranged from $25 to $125. We didn't expect such generosity and in hindsight, we should have 'weighted' the responses differently; for example one entry for every $25 contributed. So, the Board decided to award another badge via a second, weighted drawing. And, we will be awarding that badge to Paul Dills (Paul354)! Congratulations, Paul. Eric is sending your badge, too.

And for everyone who donated, we need to make certain you are ok with us sending your contact information to the Trust to get you on their Friend's distribution lists. I will shortly send each of you a PM asking for permission and the appropriate contact info.

Thanks again to everyone who contributed!