• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

SAOCA membership has it's benefits!

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
DSC07926.JPG Here are some photos of this year's calendar It measures 8 1/2 inches high and 11 inches wide and measures 17 inches high when opened. It is printed on really heavy stock paper too. By signing up for the Gold, Platinum or Diamond levels you will get the 2019 calendar around Christmas time. But we need your help-please send calendar quality photos of your Sunbeam that show it in any condition-show ready, daily driver, a work in progress, or even "as found" photos. Photo resolution should be from 1 to 2 MB in resolution. Please send them to
membership@sunbeamalpine.org

Thank you! Eric DSC07928.JPG

bobbo

Gold Level Sponsor
Do current Gold / Platinum / Diamond members, automatically qualify for the calendar ?
Would love to get one, even if I need to donate prematurely.
thanks Bob

65sunbeam

Diamond Level Sponsor
Yes they do. We are trying to get everyone on the Oct 1st schedule for dues payments and do not pro rate the dues. If you paid dues earlier in 2018 and did NOT get a 2018 calendar you will get a 2019 calendar. I have the payment records for everyone. Also for those who have expired dues please send them in soon to insure you will get a 2019-they will ship around Christmas time.
Thanks, Eric

todd reid

Gold Level Sponsor
Can I suggest you attach a list of the different contribution levels here? I am sure that info is on the website somewhere, but didn't find it in a quick 4-5 minute search. Thanks!

65sunbeam

Diamond Level Sponsor
Thanks Barry
One thing missing from the list of things a member receives from each level is that Platinum and Diamond members get forum access to the British Alpine Club's excellent magazine The Alpine Horn and other upcoming benefits. Thanks to all of those who have paid this month-you have kept me busy updating the records! Keep them coming please. And we need photos for our next calendar too. Eric

Greggers

SAOCA Vice President
Platinum Level Sponsor
Can I suggest you attach a list of the different contribution levels here? I am sure that info is on the website somewhere, but didn't find it in a quick 4-5 minute search. Thanks!

When you click on "Account Upgrades," you should see a list of the available account levels and what each offers (including the mention of The Alpine Horn).

Users who have made a donation on the new site should only see the donation levels above their current user level. Users whose most recent donation was when we were on the old site should see all the account levels. Your last donation was when we were on the old site, so you should see all available user levels.

65sunbeam

Diamond Level Sponsor
As of today-October 25th-we have had 64 membership renewals or new members join up and pay their dues since October 1st.
Thanks to all! Remember that your renewal keeps the lights on at this forum and helps support the Sunbeam Marque through our contributions to the Rootes Archives Trust in the UK and many other benefits to you as well. We plan on getting next year's calendar printed near the end of November so get those photos sent in soon. And those who have not yet joined or renewed, please do so soon so you will be on the list to get that calendar and other benefits!
Thank-you, Eric

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
I'm a member of a few other internet based clubs that don't collect dues. But they do have ad pop ups which I find annoying. We don't have that problem here.

As I'm not on the Board now I don't have to be politically correct or polite, but can be painfully direct. Support SAOCA and pay your fricking dues. At any level.

Been waiting at least 16 years to say that.

junkman

Gold Level Sponsor
I notice a lot of people posting and pumping the membership for info and parts with Donation Time under their avatar. How long does the club tolerate this before cutting them back on participation?? Maybe have something like you can read the forums but not post until your dues are paid. For existing
members some slack is understandable because some folks go quite awhile without logging in and I get that, We're mostly nice guys and I get that too but it does seem there 's some exploitation going on. OK rant over.
Jeff

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
Always a pet peev of mine but this club was founded to be a place where information was shared to preserve these cars. Dues were optional.

That said there are a lot of costs involved in an internet club. The last Board invested a lot of money as well as time to completely revamp the website. Near as I can tell it was well received and worth the investment. This Board has elected to connect with the Alpine club in the U.K. which was a brilliant decision, benefiting both Clubs on sides of the Pond.

Dues are still voluntary but my position hasn't changed. $2-$4 a month x 12 months ain't much. If you can afford to own and drive a classic sports car, or a tank of gas for said sports car you can write the check.

Support SAOCA

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Thanks NICK!! Be looking for it!

I like to collect money for the SAOCA.

Anyone wanting to contribute just make:

PAYABLE TO:
SAOCA
Dan Richardson, Treasurer
123 Richardson Drive
Greenwood, SC 29649

and a note for what you want it to go to! Thanks Much!