• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Sam's Car (the Green1) V6 Conversion by DanR

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
I've been happy with it, even acquiring a hardtop not long back.

Sam, I still have the Hardtop I told you was yours if you came calling:)

If you do, I'll show you some of the work that has been accomplished even tho it has been slow.

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Well the Green1/Grabber Blue likes about 6 hours of manual labor to finish the sanding and priming before entering the paint booth.

The X-Frame rust condition is yet to be completed. My Draftsman/Engineer/Laser Buddy is to draw/laser cut/bend the individual pieces to make a new cross member. Time out for now until the pieces arrive.

In the meantime work on the 0766 Red GT is underway. Some buffing has been done. Installation of some chrome pieces have been accomplished. Re-chromed and new items are making it look really nice. A new walnut dash panel with new Smith gauges will be wired in some time next week when the Molex Quik Disconnect stuff arrives. I decided this time that I would be a bit more creative and wire the dash panel in such a way that I could "disconnect" the panel and the gauges from the wiring harness under dash if and when I need to remove it for other work "down under":) 0766 GT New Dash and Instruments     20211110_174116.jpg

Attachments

• 0766 GT New Dash and Instruments    20211110_174138.jpg
    0766 GT New Dash and Instruments 20211110_174138.jpg
    394.8 KB · Views: 30
  • 0766 GT New Dash and Instruments    20211110_174130.jpg
    0766 GT New Dash and Instruments 20211110_174130.jpg
    373.5 KB · Views: 30