• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Sad 61

kiwichris

Donation Time
So I drove 3 hours to look at this today on the word of the seller that there was minimal rust, solid floors etc. What a disappointment! It’s rotten, seats falling through the floor. The lower 6 inches of the car is gone. If any of you have seen it and are thinking about it save yourself the trip. I offered a thousand for it but they wouldn’t take it so walked

Attachments

• 5554C809-897C-4533-B2C2-87BEC631A587.png
    5554C809-897C-4533-B2C2-87BEC631A587.png
    976 KB · Views: 118

jfcroni

Donation Time
I fell for one of those too. I drove to Milwaukee to look at a minimal rust 1966 SV. OMG.... it was less than a parts car. I politely said I wasn't interested... the guy called me 10 minutes after I left... and cut the asking from $1000 to $500. I declined.... he called again and asked if I just wanted it... just take it. I still declined. Life is too short for rust buckets... at least for me.

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
I've been to see cars and they've raised the asking price.
I always ask Model T guy's "no rust" definition which basically means no big holes. That's a real bummer driving 3 hours.
It is amazing how cars are still coming out of the woodwork.

Alpine Addict

Platinum Donor
Platinum Level Sponsor
I have one agree to sell me a car for $2,000 and then use this to get a better price of $2,100. For some reason she hung up on me when I made my feeling known.

Jay Laifman

Donation Time
My kids and I went to see a Porsche 912 once. The driver's floor had big holes showing the ground underneath. I pointed to the passenger side and told my kids "at least this side doesn't have any holes." They looked at me dumbfounded and asked how I knew. I said "because it's holding 2" of water!"

That was 20 years ago and they still laugh and retell that one.