• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

S2 wing door nut

jmahall

Silver Level Sponsor
Is there supposed to be a special nut to secure the forward end of the wing door? The threaded end is pretty short and the bracket has a much larger recessed opening then the threaded rod.

Thanks

Attachments

• wing door 1.jpg
    wing door 1.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 47
  • wing door 2.jpg
    wing door 2.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 46

bulldurham

Platinum Level Sponsor
If I remember the screw is imbedded in the rolled end of the wing; then a screw w/ interior threads is used to pass thru the chromed bracket to
secure it in place, providing a pivot.
Just took one apart recently and I think it was original.

Gary T

Gold Level Sponsor
The chrome part is left and right D284 and D283 along with a sleeve nut (sometimes called a tube nut) with domed head and screw driver slot. Along with and flat washer and normal nut. Parts book only shows chrome parts with description of the other parts. Plate D Section YV. I found a replacement tube nut for my car, since original type nut was not with the car.