• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

S2 license plate bracket top fastener

junkman

Gold Level Sponsor
I have an original license plate bracket that has the 2 lower hinges that to fold down to use the starter crank.
When I got the car the top mount was held on with a wing nut. When it came back from the body shop what ever was there was gone and now there is just a small hole (about half an inch). So my question is how were they originally configured? All my early series cars only have the aforementioned 1/2 inch hole.
Thanks,
Jeff

bernd_st

Bronze Level Sponsor
Jeff,

what you actually need is this little guy here from the parts book (#C117):

As far as I understand it's twist locking and thereby securing the license plate holder latch. The construction doesn't appear very safe since the majority of these guys have been lost over time. Not sure whether I have an original somewhere. If I find one I'll post pictures...

IMG_20190209_145256.jpg

IMG_20190209_145402.jpg

P.S. Nice car colour !