• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

S2 hardtop wedges

jmahall

Silver Level Sponsor
There is a wedge behind the B pillar hold down bracket. Didn't realize it wasn't just a spacer till I went to replace it. Does the pointy side go to the inside or outside.

Thanks

Attachments

• B pillar wedges 1.jpg
    B pillar wedges 1.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 38
  • B pillar wedges 2.jpg
    B pillar wedges 2.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 36

alpine_64

Donation Time
Depending what retaliation the bracket is to the bpost the wedges can either angle the bracket tip up or down to level it against the horizontal face of the b post. So place the top and see how the brackets relate

Inteeteingly they acatully look like the wedges the factory soft top and hardtop use to align the clips on the header rail

Last edited:

bernd_st

Bronze Level Sponsor
If I remember correctly the wedge thinner/pointy goes towards the outside. Their purpose is to compensate the angle of the soft top lockers vs. the screen frame. They make closing easier...

Last edited:

junkman

Gold Level Sponsor
Some times pointing down. I just did a top and had to use them thin side up. Couldn't latch the catches without the wedges.

jmahall

Silver Level Sponsor
You're correct, had them on the bench and didn't realize where they came from. In retrospect, I did take a picture on disassembly and there they were behind the header clamps.

Thanks again.

Should have the top on in a few days. Almost finished. Going on the dyno next Wednesday for break-in and tune.