• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

S2 (1962) rear wheel cylinders

beamdream

Gold Level Sponsor
Check out Power Brakes in Adelaide, they do alot of older brake parts. They are the "go to" people in this part of the world, had one or two Alpine master cylinders done by them, no problems.

sunalp

Diamond Level Sponsor
You should also try Auto Surplus in Australia. They've helped me with hard to find Humber
parts, so Sunbeam stuff should be easy for them.

DrNo

Donation Time
Thanks folks. Appreciate the help but both of those businesses want ~$150 for a single wheel cylinder. Standard wheel cylinders cost about $30 in this part of the world, so I was hoping that there was a drop-in replacement (such as those mentioned above) rather than being forced to pay over the odds. I mean, similar parts seem to be a fraction of the price in the UK... there must be alternatives?

DrNo

Donation Time
Sunbeam Specialties shows series 2 rear wheel cylinders, part # HP24 for under $40
Yes, I saw that... thanks @AlsPine... appreciate the help. I'm in Australia though and the USPS has suspended shipping to here at the moment due to backlog issues! I realise that they're probably the safest and cheapest ones to buy though.

AlsPine

Donation Time
Fedex should be able to ship to you. Such a small package shouldn't cost too much, at least a lot less than the one's that cost $150 each.
Check with Rick at SS, he can tell you what the shipping cost would be.
Good luck with your project.
Al