• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

S1 Convertible top front Bow or complete frame wanted.

Aldave

Donation Time
S1 needs the front bow of the convertible top frame. the one I have is S5, Curve of windscreen is different. Thank You Luke. Canada.

Aldave

Donation Time
A picture could help, The Kid Luke that I bought the car from claimed there was a new convertible top with the car when I bought it from Alberta. There was an incomplete S5 frame in the back seat. I could take legal action, but it would cost more and deliver nothing in the end. So Caveat Emptor. Let the buyer beware! that being stated, a picture of what You have, would help a lot, and will have to figure out shipping cost for the large size of it, If We go ahead with a transaction. Like I said, I already bought 1 phantom convertible top, being careful with My resources. Our Canadian Sunbeam Guy is looking through His parts this weekend to see if He has one without going across the border yet. There is a slim chance He has a S1 convertible top frame, but I'm going to wait to hear from Ron by Sunday evening of this week. I hope this sounds acceptable to You. Thank You, Dave Dodds.

molly2010

Silver Level Sponsor
A picture could help, The Kid Luke that I bought the car from claimed there was a new convertible top with the car when I bought it from Alberta. There was an incomplete S5 frame in the back seat. I could take legal action, but it would cost more and deliver nothing in the end. So Caveat Emptor. Let the buyer beware! that being stated, a picture of what You have, would help a lot, and will have to figure out shipping cost for the large size of it, If We go ahead with a transaction. Like I said, I already bought 1 phantom convertible top, being careful with My resources. Our Canadian Sunbeam Guy is looking through His parts this weekend to see if He has one without going across the border yet. There is a slim chance He has a S1 convertible top frame, but I'm going to wait to hear from Ron by Sunday evening of this week. I hope this sounds acceptable to You. Thank You, Dave Dodds.

Aldave

Donation Time
do you have the support arms that are used on the sides that attach to the soft top
The Cantrails. No, unfortunately I do not. I will go through the manual this evening and see if the mounts I have will work for them. Currently pulling master cylinder out for a redo today. The mounts could be later issue, not sure yet. Thank You.

Aldave

Donation Time
I am trying to find the article I read about S1 soft tops. Up to a certain number, cantrails were not used. In the parts manual I have, it states from, B9107516. It doesn't show any before that #. ? Hmmm. I could have read it when ordering the top. I will have to get in touch with them unless anyone has advice on this. Thank You.

Aldave

Donation Time
So after going to the end of the internet, I figure I will need left and right cantrails and S1 front bow, clamps, if available. Clamps not too big an issue, as I can swap them from the hardtop.

molly2010

Silver Level Sponsor
S1 top frame

Attachments

• 20230511_183001.jpg
    20230511_183001.jpg
    545.6 KB · Views: 19
  • 20230511_182946.jpg
    20230511_182946.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 19
  • 20230511_182944.jpg
    20230511_182944.jpg
    1,004.1 KB · Views: 19

Gary T

Gold Level Sponsor
Just a note that there were two types of cantrails listed for Series II only, and I also agree that there are none listed for Series I. The early type is shorter than the later type as well as the snaps are moveable on the early type and fixed on the later type.

Also, the top clamps for the soft top may be different than for the hardtop, so be sure that they both will work for the soft top. I know this because I have both styles to be sure they will work for both the soft top and hardtop. Thanks

molly2010

Silver Level Sponsor
So after going to the end of the internet, I figure I will need left and right cantrails and S1 front bow, clamps, if available. Clamps not too big an issue, as I can swap them from the hardtop.

Just a note that there were two types of cantrails listed for Series II only, and I also agree that there are none listed for Series I. The early type is shorter than the later type as well as the snaps are moveable on the early type and fixed on the later type.

Also, the top clamps for the soft top may be different than for the hardtop, so be sure that they both will work for the soft top. I know this because I have both styles to be sure they will work for both the soft top and hardtop. Thanks
I have 4 sets contrails they seem they are the same

Attachments

• 20230511_183001.jpg
    20230511_183001.jpg
    545.6 KB · Views: 14
  • 20230511_182946.jpg
    20230511_182946.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 14
  • 20230511_182944.jpg
    20230511_182944.jpg
    1,004.1 KB · Views: 12
  • 20230511_182941.jpg
    20230511_182941.jpg
    802.9 KB · Views: 14

volvoguys

Diamond Level Sponsor
Your pics appear to be of the frames only, as I don't see any cantrails. It would be helpful to see pics of just your 4 sets of cantrails to determine whether they are for Series I & early Series II, or specific to late-production Series II.

Aldave

Donation Time
Did thus help
looks like the same frame i already have. The fit is similar, but not correct for this windscreen. A trim shop in the next town thinks the 1 i have can be modified slightly to fit. Going to take the car there on the 29th of May and They will advise further. Hoping this local solution works. I will post the outcome either way.

Aldave

Donation Time
Many Thanks to Albert G Mason for His expertise at assisting Me with this problem. SOLVED! Installing new top next week. :)