• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Rusty le mans

AlpineIan

SAOCA Founder
Wow... look at the rust in the nose. Would be nice to see if it had the chrome strips. Also... check out the funky tail lights.

Jeff Howarth

Donation Time
rustry Le Mans

This car is quite close to me and I will go for a look if I get chance. I seem to recall the car in this colour scheme some years ago but can't place where.

I asked the seller about the side trims and interior but have not had a response yet.
Interestingly, it also has a late series front side light.
It's a shame it has lost its original engine and the harrington badge from the dash.
I will report back if I get chance to see it.

AlpineIan

SAOCA Founder
Yep.. that poor car is all boogered up. Notice ther odd rear tail lights. Jan Iggbom sent me a picture of the car they came off of. Think it was a Sunbeam Vogue. I wonder what it will sell for. Price was starting at 2.00 USD.

bernd_st

Bronze Level Sponsor
This car is quite close to me and I will go for a look if I get chance. I seem to recall the car in this colour scheme some years ago but can't place where.

I asked the seller about the side trims and interior but have not had a response yet.
Interestingly, it also has a late series front side light.
It's a shame it has lost its original engine and the harrington badge from the dash.
I will report back if I get chance to see it.

Have also asked the seller the same question for side trims and interior. Would be interested to hear your feedback after seeing it. The car features some items which I´ld badly need for my ongoing restoration...

Bernd

65beam

Donation Time
rear hatch

for what it's worth,i replaced my hatch window with lexan using a universal rubber with the chrome strip that snaps in.

napa 1

Donation Time
Ian/Bernd : I just received a NOS rubber seal for the back hatch from Tiger Tom, it looks remarkably similar to the one I just used to install the plexiglass in my series one hardtop.. could it be the same profile?

AlpineIan

SAOCA Founder
No, it's not the same as the SI/SII hard top. The Harrington window trim is like 65beam said... a universal rubber that was used on many Brit cars with a chrome bead seal.

65beam

Donation Time
rear hatch

while we're talking rear hatch, i used the trunk seal that bristolflex in canada makes for the alpines as my body seal for the hatch. rick collet also used it on his type D. real good fit.

bernd_st

Bronze Level Sponsor
No, it's not the same as the SI/SII hard top. The Harrington window trim is like 65beam said... a universal rubber that was used on many Brit cars with a chrome bead seal.

Without deeper investigation think the rubber looks similar than an Austin Mini front or rear window rubber with chrome beading. Just the length could not be enough. Need to check it again. Therefore I would need an original...

Harrington Jan

Donation Time
I notice the registration number, 9108356 isn't already on the registry on the Harrington website.

Hi Lee
No it's a new find and it's not there because we like to have all numbers: body number, paint code and engine number too. I'm in contact with the seller who will check it out for us. Also the last figure "6". The seller thinks it's an "8". It will be on the registry a.s.a.p.
Jan

Harrington Jan

Donation Time
Ian/Bernd : I just received a NOS rubber seal for the back hatch from Tiger Tom, it looks remarkably similar to the one I just used to install the plexiglass in my series one hardtop.. could it be the same profile?
Hi John,
It has the same profile according to the Parts List.
Jan

bernd_st

Bronze Level Sponsor
Wow! that pile of junk went for 1000 Pound Sterling. Anyhow if anybody knows the buyer i would be interested to buy a few parts. Rebuilding doesn´t make sense anyway...

Bernd

AlpineIan

SAOCA Founder
Harringtons are really starting to take off in value. I'm seeing a lot of interest in these cars right now and I think that the work Jan Iggbom and I have been doing at www.harringtonalpine.org has been helping.

I think the hot deal right now is Victoria's Lake Blue LeMans. This is one of only a few original unrestored cars left out there and is worth every penny of her 30K asking price in my opinion. One couldn't be purchased and restored for that kind of money, I can promise that.

I also think Scott Christie made a very smart move when he bought Jan's LeMans.

I'm sure every Harrington owner will agree that these cars aren't just an Alpine with a hard top. I have owned many Alpines and none of them compare to the Harrington. They are a true coachbuilt sports GT and are in a totally different class than the Alpine and Tiger. Wow... I love these cars!:D