• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

ROOTES WINDOW CRANK HANDLE part number 2218559

hmihm

Donation Time
Anybody know which models this is for?

Attachments

• IMG_8242.JPG
    IMG_8242.JPG
    230.9 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_8243.JPG
    IMG_8243.JPG
    254.5 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_8244.JPG
    IMG_8244.JPG
    227.1 KB · Views: 48

pruyter

Donation Time
The parts number doesn't correspond to any of the Alpines so it concerns one of the other Rootes cars.

Regards,

Peter

pruyter

Donation Time
I happen to have a parts list for a Hillman Minx Series V and guess what? This handle belongs to a Hillman Minx Series V.
Checking my parts list of the Sunbeam Rapier Series I -V, I registrated that this handle was introduced on the Series V but was a replacement part for the Rapier Series III-V.
I am Sure that this part is also used on the later Singer Gazelles, so not original on a Singer Gazelle 1959. It should not surprise me to see that this handle is also used on the Hillman Husky but I doubt to see it on a Humber.

Regards,

Petere