• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

rocher adjustment stud

bluoval

Donation Time
Help during the break in period fer the 2.8 v6 I had a rocker adjustment stud back comlplely out of the rocker arm .are there any replacement studs witk any locking device. I can't imagine them not backing out all the time.. help thanks blu oval

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Help during the break in period fer the 2.8 v6 I had a rocker adjustment stud back comlplely out of the rocker arm .are there any replacement studs witk any locking device. I can't imagine them not backing out all the time.. help thanks blu oval
Could they be "Pin'd"?

bulldurham

Platinum Level Sponsor
I have never seen that happen on the v6 engine. In fact I found mine to be very tight, more so than I expected and almost 2 years down the road still have not had to adjust them. I suspect you just had a bad stud and/ or
rocker arm.
I would replace the stud and arm rather than" boogering "every thing.

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Hi earl,

I think Doug´s idea is the best way to go. Did you have the rocker arm assemblies rebuilt before you built the engine? They should be rebuilt, because they wear out, especially if the previous owner didn´t use regular maintenance procedures.

Jose

Alan F

Donation Time
I had it happen on my engine as well and all parts were either rebuilt or new. It backed way out. Doesn't run very well when all the valves don't open.

Alan

bluoval

Donation Time
2.9 rocker assembly on the 2.8 ??

After going thru my notes on the head build I found reference to 2.9 rocker arm assembly. I know I did not use the 2.9 rocker assembly. I now have no memory as to why I had in my notes the ref. to the 2.9 assembly. Was this something S. Pruitt recomended? I hope this post does not lead others astray if they are not compatible!! thanks Earl bluoval

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Hi Earl,

I have never suggested using the rocker arms from a 2.9 V6, since I have never used them on any 2.8 V6. Maybe it came from Sven Pruitt, but Sven describes a full on race engine. I recommend using the stock 2.8 V6 rockers for any iteration you may decide to build.

Jose

After going thru my notes on the head build I found reference to 2.9 rocker arm assembly. I know I did not use the 2.9 rocker assembly. I now have no memory as to why I had in my notes the ref. to the 2.9 assembly. Was this something S. Pruitt recomended? I hope this post does not lead others astray if they are not compatible!! thanks Earl bluoval

bluoval

Donation Time
napa replacement rockers

An update as to the 2,8 rocker problem, The NAPA replacement rockers came with the adjustment studs and a lock nut. Unlike the origional rocker adjustment studs.. I now feel a lot more confident about the rockers maintaining the corect adjustment... Good luck Earl bluoval