• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

RHD components available?

cdk84

Donation Time
I'm looking for a set of RHD components for a steering conversion.

Does anyone know of a set or an affordable parts car?

Thanks very much in advance for any information you can provide.

Best,

David

mikephillips

Donation Time
What you'll need to have, steering column assembly, idler arm, brake and clutch pedals as the curve at the bottom faces the other direction, gas pedal linkage. Also depending on what you're doing a dash and glove box as well as extensions to the behind the dash wiring since everything is swapped side to side. Externally the wiper arms for RHD have the bend at the blade end facing the opposite direction as well and you'll want to change the park position on the motor to be on the opposite side. That should about cover it.

volvoguys

Diamond Level Sponsor
If the conversion is being done on a Series III-V he'll also need a RHD column support bracket, parking brake handle cover and a passenger's footwell false floor. Prolly a few other bits I can't think of right now.

David - PM sent.

Mark ..... volvoguys

Alpine Addict

Platinum Donor
Platinum Level Sponsor
The speedo cable will need to be changed and also the rev counter cable is a series 1-3 mechanical tach

mikephillips

Donation Time
Mark,
to me those fall into the nice to have but not strictly necessary. The column bracket works just fine of you rotate it 180 degrees so its backwards, then it fits the slope of the cowl just fine. Or it can be modified so that it can be used facing the right way, which has the advantage of raising the wheel a bit if you're one of us who isn't quite as slim as in younger years... I made up a pattern and bent up a footrest myself from a piece of 20ga, behind the carpets looks just fine.

The steering and pedals and linkage, that you need to have to make it work.