• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Replacement Soft Top

albeam

Donation Time
Hi All

I need to replace my existing folding top.
it a series iv car but has a top like a v with the
velcro down the sides near the top of the side
windows. (please corrrect if this is wrong) I have sent a request to Rick at sunbeam specialties. Does anybody have any
preference in regard to the pinpoint vinyl or
the crushgrain pattern. I presently have the
pinpoint. I am in Australia so if any of the Oz
people on this forum have thoughts as the best way to go
I am open to suggestions. Anybody in the Sunbeam
world fitted a new top lately?

thanks Albeam

alpine_64

Donation Time
Al where in AU where you? Ricjk gets the tops from Robbins... there are AU robbins dealers.

There are also Uk suppliers for the cloth tops that are well priced. Also make sure you screen seals are all good and ensure the windscreen and 1/4 winds are at a good locaiton. Make sure the pivot at the B post on the soft top frame is not bent... this will all help with a better fit.

albeam

Donation Time
hi Michael

I am up in queensland. I did not know there were Robbins agents in australia. is there any preference in regard to materials.

Thanks

Albeam

alpine_64

Donation Time
hi Michael

I am up in queensland. I did not know there were Robbins agents in australia. is there any preference in regard to materials.

Thanks

Albeam

From the Uk you can get original everflex vynil .. as in correct black pattern with light grey inside.

Mohair tops are really nice.. look classy and long lasting.. but more epensive and non original in look.

Robbins tops fit well and are well made.. the Uk suppliers are also good. I know of an AU agent in melbourne... a quick web search may find you a brisbane agent?

RootesRich

Donation Time
Mohair tops are really nice.. look classy and long lasting.. but more epensive and non original in look.

Long lasting... not so much. My two mohair tops are starting to pop seams in several places after 5 years of light use. I'm hoping I can get them repaired at a local upholstery shop rather than having to replace them.

alpine_64

Donation Time
Long lasting... not so much. My two mohair tops are starting to pop seams in several places after 5 years of light use. I'm hoping I can get them repaired at a local upholstery shop rather than having to replace them.

Rich,

Which brand? I knwo guys down here who have had them on 10 years and all is good.. my dads has been on since 1994....

RootesRich

Donation Time
Rich,

Which brand? I knwo guys down here who have had them on 10 years and all is good.. my dads has been on since 1994....

Michael, I can't recall off the top of my head, but both were sourced from the UK between 6-8 years ago. If I have a chance this weekend, I'll look up the brand.