• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Repairing rusted out B Post Drains.

Tim R

Silver Level Sponsor
This video shows how to undertake Sunbeam Alpine B Post Drain repairs. If you are restoring a very rusty Sunbeam Alpine you are likely to need to do this. The drain channel in the tub, B Post drain and the rubber drain pipe all need to be working correctly or else rain that falls onto the soft top will leak into the interior and instead of being channeled away and out of the car through the rear wheel arch, will flow directly into the sills causing premature failure.

We make no claim to be professional mechanics, there may well be other ways of doing this repair, this video is just our record of what we did. Hopefully it may help others faced with the same problems. If you find corrosion in your B post DON'T IGNORE IT!

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Tim, Many thanks for some great ideas you provided.... I used some to repair rusty B Post drain on the Drivers (LHS) sid on my '65 SIV GT BW36. I job needed done and I took advantage of your Video to do so:)