• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Renewal/Donations

dmich2

Donation Time
I guess this is mainly for Greggers.

My reminders indicate I need to renew my membership/donation and I looked back and saw a post in July indicating a better method of accomplishing this on a new site was being explored.

Is this true ? I may be missing something, but I like to keep my membership/donation up to date for the benefit of the club.

Thanks,
Dennis

Greggers

SAOCA Vice President
Platinum Level Sponsor
I guess this is mainly for Greggers.

My reminders indicate I need to renew my membership/donation and I looked back and saw a post in July indicating a better method of accomplishing this on a new site was being explored.

Is this true ? I may be missing something, but I like to keep my membership/donation up to date for the benefit of the club.

Thanks,
Dennis

In the interest of transparency, one of the things we looked at was unifying all renewal dates to a single day (October 1 was bandied about). That would simplify renewal for all members (no need to remember some arbitrary date) and simplify budgeting for the club itself (we'd know how many calendars/certificates we need to produce, how much we have for club events like the Invasion, etc.). We discovered that doing so would be against the club's bylaws. One of the agenda items for our next officers' meeting is to discuss changing the bylaws to create a better club for all. I haven't studied the bylaws to know exactly how changing the bylaws is done, but I suspect there will be a poll where members have an opportunity to vote at some point.

Because we're past our October 1 date, the earliest we'll be able to do this is next year. So it's status quo until you hear otherwise.

The only thing that's currently different from last year is that we're sending out just the sticker when you renew and then sending the other member gifts at the end of the year. We did this to avoid sending a three-month calendar to some members and a 12-month calendar to others.

As always, thanks for supporting the club. The next year is gonna bring some big improvements, and it's gonna take quite a bit of the club's resources to accomplish. We couldn't do it without you.

dmich2

Donation Time
Thanks Greggers to you and the rest of the principal officers for addressing this organization's needs. The cost of membership (donations) is a small price to pay for all the free information available to all the Sunbeam owners. I personally have saved my membership costs over and over with the guidance I've gleaned from this site. I hope everyone realizes that running and more importantly keeping updated this site costs. A few dollars from every one of us who strive to "keep them on the road" is a small price to pay .

Looking forward to a new, improved site.

Thanks, the checks in the mail . :D
Dennis

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Thanks for the kind and informative comments, Mich:D

We have had a bit of a time getting things done for improvements.

Many thanks to Greggers for his generous support to the SAOCA too!

The other Officers are all doing their part to improve what we have for the viewing public. It only takes time! Well, I should say, Money too!

Many thanks for the DONATIONS;)

DanR

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
I echo Dan's thanks and appreciate your comments. We hope to have everything in place by the time the next board comes in next December .

In the meantime I'm pleased to see some of our old members returning and posting on the site . Welcome back guys. Great to see you again.