• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

rear window channel

Paul A

Alpine Registry Curator
Platinum Level Sponsor
I am installing all new class channels, anti-rattle strips and outer seals on one of my V6 conversions.

Is it possible to remove the rear glass channel without removing the window glass?

thanks Pete

bulldurham

Platinum Level Sponsor
Pete I have a door in process of re assembly [ready for glass].
W/ the glass in place, up or down, there is not enough room for the inch wide bottom tab to come out the top. If the channel has enough room to move backward and the door opening mechanisms do not interfere it may come out via the big hole, but I doubt it.
Others more experienced may be able to expand on this

Chuck Ingram

Donation Time
Pete I have a door in process of re assembly [ready for glass].
W/ the glass in place, up or down, there is not enough room for the inch wide bottom tab to come out the top. If the channel has enough room to move backward and the door opening mechanisms do not interfere it may come out via the big hole, but I doubt it.
Others more experienced may be able to expand on this

It must come out the bottom. Not easy but doable. Of course in the Lister mine was curved. Had to curve it to fit as I wanted the plexiglas window to close at the top properly. The curve may have made it possible as it took more than one try bending and fitting the channel to,work.

P. Scofield

Bronze Level Sponsor
I have taken apart and put together countless window winders/door-glass over the years. You know I don't think I've done two the same! Every time I do it it's an experiment!
But I do seem to remember the rear Chanel has to be disconnected from the door and pushed out of the way. Once you finagle the glass out, you can remove the crank mech, then both channels.

Again, never done two the same.