• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Rear Axle Bump Stop (Buffer)

Bill Eisinger

Platinum Level Sponsor
Does anyone know of a source for the rubber bumper that fits into the rear axle bump stop bracket...in Sunbeam terms, it’s called out as a buffer in the parts list....part #91 on the blow up drawing.

I can’t seem to find them in the usual sources. The ones I have aren’t in terrible shape but as long as I’m doing everything else, I would kind of like to replace them.

Thanks!

tylerite3124

Platinum Level Sponsor
Hi Bill:

Check the Victoria British Catalog p 138 "upper bump stop". Not sure that's what you are looking for but it's worth a try.

Rick

Barry

Diamond Level Sponsor
Bill asked about "... the rubber bumper that fits into the rear axle bump stop bracket ..."; the "upper bump stop" on page 138 of the VB catalog is for the front suspension.

I need both the rear axle bump stop brackets and the rubber inserts. If someone can provide the "installed height" measurement (from the bottom of the "frame rail" to the axle side of the rubber insert), I can probably fabricate something.

Last edited:

Bill Eisinger

Platinum Level Sponsor
CEAF4901-0DE8-4DF7-B1EB-032B060C10AB.jpeg Here’s a picture of what we are talking about...the only ones I can find from the usual vendors are for the front suspension as mentioned above.

65beam

Donation Time
If this is one from the car you're working on there is nothing wrong with it. Use them! There are two special washers that fit over the bolt and set between the frame rail and the metal bracket of the bump stop.

Bill Eisinger

Platinum Level Sponsor
This is the better of the two...the rubber on the other is cracked and harder than I like...I realize they can be re-used but since I’m basically restoring every other part on the car it would be nice to have new rubber if possible which appears to not be the case.

I have the hardware.