• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Rapier convertible project

Mikeflbmer

Bronze Level Sponsor
Saw this on Facebook Marketplace...guy in Boca Raton, florida (near me ) selling a solid looking rapier.....Would be a great project for somebody....alas I am getting too old and can't seem to finish the two projects I have now.......................owner is
Larry Mosca.......and the citreon is also for sale...................I asked for his contact info and will add to this post later

314498998_10222804928174273_2086446208645272081_n.jpg

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
Lots of good things about this Rapier-original clock, Blaupunkt radio, amp meter, original hubcaps, and until now I didn't realize the glove box latch is the same as on a Harrington Le Mans! Nice color that I bet could be cleaned up and I like the way the Sunbeam letters wrap around the top of the license plate opening. My garage is full though!

boss-tiger

Silver Level Sponsor
Very cool, curious what a project like this is selling for, anyone know? Also where is it located - I have a friend I want to pass this on to.

Mikeflbmer

Bronze Level Sponsor
Very cool, curious what a project like this is selling for, anyone know? Also where is it located - I have a friend I want to pass this on to.
I saw another one at the thanksgiving daytona beach car show...for sale, needs resto but is a driver....pnone number is on the paper shown

Attachments

• DSCF7544.JPG
    DSCF7544.JPG
    368 KB · Views: 45
  • DSCF7542.JPG
    DSCF7542.JPG
    355.5 KB · Views: 43
  • DSCF7541.JPG
    DSCF7541.JPG
    191 KB · Views: 43
  • DSCF7538.JPG
    DSCF7538.JPG
    248.3 KB · Views: 45
  • DSCF7536.JPG
    DSCF7536.JPG
    201.2 KB · Views: 43
  • DSCF7535.JPG
    DSCF7535.JPG
    216.6 KB · Views: 44
  • DSCF7516.JPG
    DSCF7516.JPG
    210.3 KB · Views: 45
  • DSCF7532.JPG
    DSCF7532.JPG
    345.1 KB · Views: 42

absunbeam

Platinum Level Sponsor
Not to mention finding parts if needed. The more complete the better but if you get into a fender bender, good luck.
Al

nsbluenose

Silver Level Sponsor
Most mechanical parts interchange with Alpines, but as Alan says body parts are a challenge. Sometimes you spot various parts and parts cars on Craigslist or EBay. Not often though!

absunbeam

Platinum Level Sponsor
I had the hood popup and ruined the corners, one of the reasons I made a trip to Brandon MB Canada. Ron Stein gave me a lead on a 62 Super Minx Estate that was in his news letter. Called Joe Holmes who had it in his back yard since the early 80’s (before the internet, Joe’s comment). No motor,trans, title or rear axle. But had an excellent hood and hood springs which I was looking for. For $250 US it was mine. Now have all the rust free sheetmetal I need for the 67 SM. Only took a year and 1/2 , a closed border and a passport to make the trip last Aug so ended up going to Canada twice in a month when we went to the United 39 in Sept. Was going to have Tom Jeffers come along but he had tested pos couple days before, Barb reluctantly volunteered to go which I told her I was going solo. Made it to the geographical center of North America (Rugby ND) for a photo op. Never know what a search can lead to! Met a great couple Joe & Barb Holmes, Joe was a little sad that it was going He’s had it for 40 years!
30155751-9423-4FFF-BD3F-3953E8D2F67C.jpeg A7AAFD4E-E78E-4AAF-A1AC-6D8C6FC74829.jpeg FCC1C7EE-8E19-41D2-AFD1-76F605DBA11D.jpeg 9C4784BE-4FEE-49C0-8264-61C9CBADB625.jpeg

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Nice body! You did god with $250 and two trips up north. Barb and I were finalizing the trip when she tested positive, I converted a day or two later. The day event started, we were exhausted, barely able to get out of bed. The only other time I felt that tired was when I was twelve and had hepatitis. Absolutely drained, both times. To make matters worse, I was under Drs. order to avoid long trips. The stars were really really misaligned for that trip.

Bill

absunbeam

Platinum Level Sponsor
Better to take care of yourself at home than be miserable on a long trip Bill. Save yourself for Bowling Green! Tom tested pos but had no symptoms but would have a hard time getting across the border. The wagon would be an interesting restoration but it needs alot to bring it back. Body is in better shape that the green Estate! It made a good mouse house in the headliner and rear seat.