• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Radio and speaker grill - any connection to Alpines or Rootes?

Bill Tippy

Platinum Level Sponsor
A while ago I purchased a box of Alpine parts. This underdash radio/speaker grill was included.
It was carefully wrapped and labeled Alpine? speaker grille

Was this an option for the Alpine? I searched this site but didn't find anything. Photos from most of the previous discussions were no longer available.

I'm hoping someone will tell me this is extremely rare and worth a fortune!!!

Sorry. I just realized it's upside down in the photo.

Attachments

• 98F7CD5B-2194-4E2D-B3FA-8C6022CE6EC3.jpeg
    98F7CD5B-2194-4E2D-B3FA-8C6022CE6EC3.jpeg
    345.4 KB · Views: 88
  • 95937341-5EB9-43B8-990A-73F2FD32D132.jpeg
    95937341-5EB9-43B8-990A-73F2FD32D132.jpeg
    103.1 KB · Views: 84
  • 8ECF7CDB-DBF4-460C-981E-AE424A93E1A6.jpeg
    8ECF7CDB-DBF4-460C-981E-AE424A93E1A6.jpeg
    307.6 KB · Views: 83

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
I have the exact same thing in my SV. I believe it is legit and was fitted to later cars.

Attachments

• 847AE866-7D5D-4F2E-B861-E0EC7EA63704.jpeg
    847AE866-7D5D-4F2E-B861-E0EC7EA63704.jpeg
    266 KB · Views: 66

Bill Tippy

Platinum Level Sponsor
Yours looks really nice and fits perfectly.
I hadn't one installed before.
Any idea what they are worth or what they sell for?

alpine_64

Donation Time
Yours looks really nice and fits perfectly.
I hadn't one installed before.
Any idea what they are worth or what they sell for?
I would assume not much...

The 2 valuable radio setups are the stock S3-V and Tiger one made by stanpart.
The late SV and MKII small rubber mounted facia with SUNBEAM branded radio.

I have seen ones like Kevin's in some cars stateside... Not sure if they were a comon aftermarket option installed by dealers... Or maybe a rootes usa part.

A guide to the radio consoles is on the site:

http://sunbeamalpine.org/2007/12/02/factory-alpine-radio-consoles/

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
I have seen ones like Kevin's in some cars stateside... Not sure if they were a comon aftermarket option installed by dealers... Or maybe a rootes usa part.

Just one note - my car was ordered new in Reykjavik, Iceland to a serviceman via the base agent. Not sure how much of a “dealer” the agent was, or what capability he had for option installation. I do know he installed a backup light.

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
Oh, and Bill, on closer inspection your part seems to be missing the two little tabs on the bottom that allow you to screw it down to the transmission tunnel on either side.

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
It looks just like the one that was on my SV when I bought it in 1978. It was pretty beat and I threw it away, before I learned not to throw anything away! I'd like it back now.

Bill Tippy

Platinum Level Sponsor
Oh, and Bill, on closer inspection your part seems to be missing the two little tabs on the bottom that allow you to screw it down to the transmission tunnel on either side.
You are correct. This piece is the only one I got.