• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Previously mentioned

nsbluenose

Silver Level Sponsor
I’m willing to sign up for this program. Kinda stuck off the beaten path here in eastern Canada, but I’m willing to help any SAOCA member that comes to Nova Scotia.

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
Should we decide to organize a similar support arrangement in Canada/US I’d like to participate.

Pete S.

Bronze Level Sponsor
The BMWMOA motorcycle group, of which I am a member sends a small booklet out to members. It contains a list of members willing to help or host a member whose vintage BMW breaks down or otherwise becomes incapacitated far away from home.

You can offer different levels of help (garage space, tool use, camping in the backyard, etc.). Many people join just for that service.

Last edited:

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
100 years ago I was a member of BMWMOA and VBMWMO. I remember the booklet.

Never had to use the support factor if the group.

Greggers

SAOCA Vice President
Platinum Level Sponsor
If there's enough interest, I can build it as a list, map, whatever. I can lock it down so only participating members can even view the forum that houses it. I'll have to read the SAOC's article on it to get suggestions for implementing it. Upon opt-in, I'll have to manually give you access to that forum, add your location and phone number.

The SAOC's so-called Distress Line is the cover article in the February edition of The Horn, which I've just added to the Horn section. Sponsoring members of Platinum level or above can view it now.

I'll let you decide what "enough interest" means. If it's four people across the US and Canada, perhaps it's not worth it. But 20? 30? Who wants to volunteer to spearhead this initiative? This seems a little easier in a country that's the size of Michigan. But I'm game.

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
Let’s chat about it Greggers. Implementing this might start more regional interaction and Invasions as an additional feature.

I’d consider coordinating it.

bulldurham

Platinum Level Sponsor
Having had a breakdown on a road trip I am very aware of the significance of those willing to assist. I am in support of the idea.

nsbluenose

Silver Level Sponsor
I’ve just watched SAOC’s video called Distress Line. This is exactly what I had in mind when I first mentioned this idea in mid-December. I’d also consider helping Series6 with coordinating this.

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
I can't coordinate it, as I have far too much on lately, but I'd certainly be willing to be listed as a helpful member for those in transit.

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
I am willing. May not be able to do more than provide personal transportation, but I know that can be be an incredible aid.
Bill

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
I had to set this idea aside after my knee replacement (clutch side) but if there’s still interest, ready to start.

Greg, maybe we should talk and put together a plan.