• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Prescott Hill Climb, UK. May 9th 2010

GlennB

Silver Level Sponsor
To all Harrington owners, I've just posted a message in the SAOC forum saying that any Harrington owners who happen to be in that area of the UK on that date will be welcome to introduce themselves to me. Nothing formal, no inspections, no prizes. Mine will be among 200 classic cars attending a non-competitive meeting with exhibition runs up the hill course. Should be a blast as long as the British weather holds up. If it looks like several people will turn up I'll get my daughter to bake a cake. Overseas owners are of course welcome - I just don't expect anyone to make the trip for a slice of cake! Fun and cameraderie is the intention.

Regards, Glenn B

bernd_st

Bronze Level Sponsor
Great offer ! Love british cake. Perhaps we can make it if it can be somehow bundled with our annual trip to SAOC spares day in middle of May...

Limey

Donation Time
Great offer ! Love british cake. Perhaps we can make it if it can be somehow bundled with our annual trip to SAOC spares day in middle of May...

Hi 'Bernd st' I always have had a wee stall selling my Nos duplcates and spares and I have often had a chat with the few rare American visitors we get each year but had no idea it was probably you guys. If I had known I would have baked a cake as well!!

I'll stick a 'SAOCA UK rep' decal on my stall and if you or any other member recognises it, then say hello and I'll introduce you around.

Stay in touch come May, we'll get together with the crew and get some warm beers and burnt BBQ sausages (very English, dontcha know)

All the best

Limey

Oliver

bernd_st

Bronze Level Sponsor
Perhaps not the best place to discuss here in Harrington category but thanks for your kind offer. Yes we´ll come over with 4 Sunbeam crazy guys from Germany on May 7th. Then we´ll visit some parts dealers on 8th and plan to stay overnight at Coventry to be ready for the event next day. Unfortunately it semms overlapping with the Prescott hillclimb. We´ll check out for your sign and bring some german beer - just in case :)

Limey

Donation Time
Before I was born my family came from Frankfurt-am-Main (and Silesia before that, pre '39) so German beer is in my blood ;-)

I'm mainly Series II but have two later series oil cooler sets (base, new pipes and cooler to concours finish that may be of interest,

All the best

Oliver

bernd_st

Bronze Level Sponsor
Frankfurt sounds good because it´s also my home area. Then you should have apple wine in blood instead of just beer;-))

Anyhow I´m still looking to have a suitable early oil cooler kit for my HLM. One of the few things missing up to now...

Limey

Donation Time
Apple wine I never had but asparagus by the bucket load I did! and pear Brandy... !

I was raised on saurkraut and pigs head brawn, sausage and spek and spoke German as a second tongue untill I was 6 years old.

Opa fought on the Eastern front and lost his toes and heels to frostbite and was eventaually a prisoner of the Russians (an horrendous time for him, saved by a russian grandma who thought he was her dead son). A long story of forced Vodka parties one day with his guards and beatings the next day when they where hung over (that took care of his remaining teeth and ribs) but he was released on exchange and got to the American part of Berlin after the war and then to the British sector and as a master baker had priveleges that got him to Britain eventually. My Oma was the private secretary to the boss of the the Krupp steel works and met Speer and made coffee for him. 'A nice well spoken man but whos hand shook' was how she describd him. All our grand parents are tough as old boots but they just shrug and say 'that was the times and we did what we needed to' We have it lucky.

See you soon

Oliver

Limey

Donation Time
Frankfurt sounds good because it´s also my home area. Then you should have apple wine in blood instead of just beer;-))

Anyhow I´m still looking to have a suitable early oil cooler kit for my HLM. One of the few things missing up to now...

Unobtainium! I have spent 3 years hunting, money no object and still no joy. I really want this part. The hose and cooler support brackets can be made but the cooler is not made any more and the Oil filterbase like wise. I would give many of my NOS Rootes accessories for a used early series oil cooler. It must be the rarest part. I have nearly all the others so there's the proof.
View attachment 2193
Oliver

65beam

Donation Time
oil cooler

i have the original oil coolers off of my harringtons. i will not reinstall one of them when i put the moonstone car together. i 'm going to use a new one as i did on the red car. what are you willing to give up?

Limey

Donation Time
Hi 65beam,

Been trying to make contact since your last post here. Drop me a line and name the figure you need, I'd be happy to do business with you. Payment will be imediate any way you like.

Best regards as ever

Oliver