• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Pictures of an original Tiger Black Dashboard

junkman

Gold Level Sponsor
Would any of you fine fellows have a black dash (early) Tiger that I might get a look at the configuration of ??? I have what I believe is the original dash but the configuration of switches and indicator lights is different than I've seen before. It would be very helpful to see the real thing.
Thanks in advance for any insight,
Jeff

junkman

Gold Level Sponsor
Thanks Tod for the posting, the early Tiger had what I think was a S4 dash. Mine has the red ignition indicator lamp at the far left upper end. I have never seen an OEM early dash, just trying to make it correct.

alpine_64

Donation Time
The far upper hole on the dash was for the OD warning light. On the siv without OD it jad a small domed blanking plug and same for tiger the early vynil dash tiger.

hartmandm

Diamond Level Sponsor
The Alpine owner's manual shows the dash layout. Does the Tiger owner's manual show that as well?

Mike

junkman

Gold Level Sponsor
Thanks guys, Michael do you know if the tiger had an amber round type ignition indicator as S4?
Jeff

volvoguys

Diamond Level Sponsor
The Tiger ignition was red rectangular, as in Series IV & V. that matched the shape of the beams and signal lamps. Amber lamps were not used in any Series Alpine or Tiger.

Mark ..... volvoguys

alpine_64

Donation Time
The Tiger ignition was red rectangular, as in Series IV & V. that matched the shape of the beams and signal lamps. Amber lamps were not used in any Series Alpine or Tiger.

Mark ..... volvoguys
Mark I think the very early SIV had the round faceted lamps per the s3 and transitioned to the new rectangular design when they were introduced accross the rootes range.

Sadly don't have the original white Tiger black dash R&T road test car
..there is a closeup of the dash

jumpinjan

Bronze Level Sponsor
The amber or white lamp is for overdrive, mounted under the temp gauge. The tigers had a red lamp there.
Jan

VaCat33

Silver Level Sponsor
Jeff

Here are photos of my dash from 0033. I am pretty sure it is correct. Also close ups to show texture. Hope they help.

Jim
Tiger Dash.jpg IMG_1492.JPG IMG_1493.JPG

junkman

Gold Level Sponsor
Thank You Jim, very clear, What color is your parking brake handle? and does the car have a dash switch for the blower? My brake handle is silver.
I really appreciate your response.
Jeff

VaCat33

Silver Level Sponsor
Brake handle is black. No dash mounted toggle type blower switch on early tigers the blower was controlled by the heater lever switch on the right...OFF-CAR-SCREEN (see photo #3.) To turn on the blower you pull that lever out.

Jim

junkman

Gold Level Sponsor
Thanks Jim, on page 76 of Mike Taylor's book ( Tiger the making of a sports car ) the brake handle looks silver. Does yours have a silver button? Also my car #364 has the early heater controls with the pull out fan control.

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
Those chrome ball end early heater control is single speed and allegedly heats up and fails. Black on the E brake handle for sure. I've only seen black buttons on the release at least on the later cars I've had.

Tiger64

Donation Time
Jeff,
Hello,
I've got #397 black dash and my parking brake lever is silver. The car had been parked since 1974 when I got it and it was pretty original other than top and tires. Hope this helps, Chris
DSCN0027.JPG DSCN0037.JPG