• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Paul Scofield

cdk84

Donation Time
Hello All,

Does anyone know what caused Paul Scofield's death? and if there's anyone to be contacted in his family?

I want to say how much I enjoyed Paul's integrity in investigating what made Tigers tick, and the pleasure he took in sharing his learning. He was a great guy and a tremendous addition to our community. I will miss his dedication, enthusiasm, kindness and indefatigable energy.

Thank you, Paul, for being just exactly who you most wanted to be and for sharing that with your friends, con brio!

To a life well lived.

David Kellogg

Last edited:

Mikeflbmer

Bronze Level Sponsor
Paul had an aneurism .....sort of...aortic leakage ....His organs then shut down......nothing the hospital could do....It was sudden and he died within a day or two.....his wife posted on the sunbeam tiger page....she is devastated....He was a great guy....was in the middle of a Tiger restoration....working on making the front valance perfect and had a nice early Alpine driver.....He will be missed

Tom H

Platinum Level Sponsor
Mike, what "Tiger page" did Wendy post on? I found some discussion on the C.A.T site but nothing from her and could not find anything on TE/AE or other sites I am aware of.

Tom

MikeH

Diamond Level Sponsor
If you are or have been a smoker, you need to be checked for both an abdominal aortic aneurism, as well as an upper aortic aneurism. The abdominal exam I had was done with an ultrasound and the upper was done via cat-scan. These are both possible side effects of smoking.

mxp01

Platinum Level Sponsor
I turned my Sunbeam over to my son a few years back (I moved on to an AH Sprite and TR3), so I don't visit the site often. I was watching the old Wheeler Dealer episode, so I thought I'd catch up. Learning of Paul's death is quite a shock.

My Sunbeam was my first serious resto project. I spent a great deal of time at this site, where Paul often provided priceless advice. He was generous with his time and is one who will be missed.

Mike Pennell